• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting read on HID's

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

Discuss...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

so much shit bout hids lol got half way and gave uppp.....i love hids and will never go back to normal halogen...hids just look nicer...brighter....and last forever...never had any trouble with em...

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
      so much shit bout hids lol got half way and gave uppp.....i love hids and will never go back to normal halogen...hids just look nicer...brighter....and last forever...never had any trouble with em...
      I agree. Just thought it worth the read....

Quote:
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Yep, HID PnP kits are generally shite, and most often dangerous for other road users. And many kits that use ridiculous colour temperatures (ie. > 6000k) actually provide the driver with LESS usable light on the road.

Only headlights that are designed for HID will provide the light spread required to make HID a safe and worthwhile option... Hence why I retrofitted BMW X5 BiXenon projectors into my DC2R.

| 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
          Yep, HID PnP kits are generally shite, and most often dangerous for other road users. And many kits that use ridiculous colour temperatures (ie. > 6000k) actually provide the driver with LESS usable light on the road.

Only headlights that are designed for HID will provide the light spread required to make HID a safe and worthwhile option... Hence why I retrofitted BMW X5 BiXenon projectors into my DC2R.

wow serious ? i got a set of 6000s in mine and i reken they good...considering some 4500s soon but i hate ppl that drive round with the 30,000ks in there rides....so purple....and yeah i know other drivers think there dangerous....exspecially when there in a old car with huge headlights and chopped rear springs...

Comment

Spewing I wasted my cash on HIDS

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
              Spewing I wasted my cash on HIDS
              how much did u spend ?

Comment

About $450 or so.. Xenon Depot phillips 4300k.. There was a big group buy a few years back.

Quote:

Comment

gahhh stuff that i got cheapos off ebay lol brand new for $130 and ive had em for yearssss in my old pulsar ...never blew ...thats why i got em for the honda

Comment

To be honest the only "terrible" thing about putting a PnP HID kit into a DC2R is the awful spread of light on the passenger side, way too high and blinding for oncoming drivers if you are going around a left hand bend.

Proper HID projectors do give a much wider beam pattern and have better cutoff patterns so as to limit the blinding of oncoming drivers.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

To be honest the only "terrible" thing about putting a PnP HID kit into a DC2R is the awful spread of light on the passenger side, way too high and blinding for oncoming drivers if you are going around a left hand bend.

Proper HID projectors do give a much wider beam pattern and have better cutoff patterns so as to limit the blinding of oncoming drivers.
                      yeah true..but stuff other ppl lol i wouldn sacrifice hids for other ppl....dc2r have crappppp light when standard globes are used

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                        yeah true..but stuff other ppl lol i wouldn sacrifice hids for other ppl....dc2r have crappppp light when standard globes are used
                        Not really. There are a lot worse headlights even in some newer cars.

You might reconsider your thinking after thinking about the possibility of your headlight glare temporarily blinding an oncoming driver who then loses control (say, in the wet) and collides with you...

The worst ones though are the douchebags in Landcruisers who put PnP HID kits in and then go around blinding the shit out of everyone....

Comment

Not really. There are a lot worse headlights even in some newer cars.

You might reconsider your thinking after thinking about the possibility of your headlight glare temporarily blinding an oncoming driver who then loses control (say, in the wet) and collides with you...

The worst ones though are the douchebags in Landcruisers who put PnP HID kits in and then go around blinding the shit out of everyone....
                          i always thinks everyone behind me has there high beams on cause i sit so low to the ground haha slowelly gettin used to it...and now that u mention wet...6000ks are useless in wet weather

Comment

Interesting article..... I'm interested in fitting a PnP kit to my DC2R to get something similar to the lights in my Accord Euro CL9 but after reading that and what you guys have been saying...

If you don't mind me asking, how much roughly did the BMW BiXenon projectors set you back?

Comment

hence why i never bought them. A mate of mine had fitted HID's to his civic and it was stupid while it wa son. Blinding everyone, it was just dangerous. This makes me glad to have ordered the JDM DC5R headlights with ballasts and all for the original OEM HID fitment
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X