K20A3 with a K20 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so im now officially a fool..
    1. I haven't even paid off my DC5, so whats the point in selling it when i will loose money?
    2. so what if i have a base DC5. i wanna see what this engine can do
    3. yes i understand everyone wants/has type r or s but does it really matter if someone buys a Base model because it was what they could afford?
    4. I love my DC5, yes i know it's not a type r and i respect the type r's alot but is it really that bad that i dont have a type r or s like everyone on this site?

(YES I KNOW THERE WILL BE SMART ARSE ANSWERS TO WHAT I JUST WROTE)

Comment

Dude, just looked on k-manage, they have 4 tunes for the a3... one is for a Jackson Racing Super charger... *cough cough*

Comment

My point was why would you spend money modifying a base when you are only going to reduce the gap between it and the R? The money spent on trying to close the gap would be better spent on an upgrade to the R which has better suspension, running gear, lighter kerb weight and so on. I just wouldn't want to see someone who asked for our advice pour 10k into something that is still inferior to a stock Type R.

Comment

pay off your car first man, think smart with money
          Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            Dude, just looked on k-manage, they have 4 tunes for the a3... one is for a Jackson Racing Super charger... *cough cough*
            Link please...

also thanks for all the feedback..

Comment

http://www.hondata.com/

Look for k-manage, and download it.

Also have a read through that site, the forum should have some info.

I still totally agree with Sam on this, but maybe if we give you some information for you to look into, it might make it easier for you to understand where we are coming from.

Burak also makes a good point.

Comment

Go K24! Cheap and nasty!

The amount of money spent on parts and labour alone is going to cost a lot more then selling your car and buying a standard genuine type r. That's what people's concerns are. If you've still got a loan to pay off on this car obviously your financial well-being is one of the most important things. In saying that, you're still willing to spend money on modifying the car when you don't completely own it out right is already foolish. But then again I don't know what your financial situation is, as far as I know the car could be a personal loan/finance car, salary sacrificed car or something similar.

A lot of people are just trying to look out for your financial well-being but if money isn't a problem godspeed with you!

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
                  Go K24! Cheap and nasty!

The amount of money spent on parts and labour alone is going to cost a lot more then selling your car and buying a standard genuine type r. That's what people's concerns are. If you've still got a loan to pay off on this car obviously your financial well-being is one of the most important things. In saying that, you're still willing to spend money on modifying the car when you don't completely own it out right is already foolish. But then again I don't know what your financial situation is, as far as I know the car could be a personal loan/finance car, salary sacrificed car or something similar.

A lot of people are just trying to look out for your financial well-being but if money isn't a problem godspeed with you!
                  yeah cheers for that.. Um Financial situation is ok, still have bout $12,000 to pay off. (only bought the car in April)
                  hmmm my lovely parents were happy to lend me the money because the bank was being gay.
                  sooo im thinking i should really pay them back first. : )
                  hmmm for now i will probably buy Injen CAI and T1R headers. Then next year when it's paid off i will invest in a JDM K20A..
                  Thanks for bringing me to my sences.

Comment

Working...
                  X