Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number plate relocation

Hey Guys,

Looking to relocate my number plate to the left hand side of my front bar (instead of the middle obviously). My question is do you need a holder or can you just stick it on there? If a relocator is required where can I get one?

You can buy an L shaped peice of aluminium the length of your license plate and make up a bracket that screws up under the lip of your front bar. Sang, Goldcoastdc5r and myself have all done this and it looks hot!

Comment

Any pics????
      how would you do this on the mugen front bar?

Comment

u just drill into the mugen bar if u want it

otherwise center it has to be

Comment

yo Jing, I filled in those 2 holes u had in the bar. How to get the plate to sit in the middle of the bar? I was thinking of going to Bunning's on Sunday and try to find some L shapped brackets and get the panel beater to drill holes before he paints it.

Comment

hey, well mugen just runs a bracket off the bottom of the top mouth in the center.

U would have to drill another two holes there and run an L plate.

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
              Any pics????
              how would you do this on the mugen front bar?
              kookie.....I'll show you when I meet you next time....I just use some L shape brackett to get it fit.....
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

i wannted to get it on the side not the mid
                :P

going for a different look thats all

middle of mugen kit makes it look like buck teeth

Comment

Is this legal ? but then again most of the stuff on your car is not legal anyway :P
                  I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

All i did was went to an engineering place, got an offcut of 30mm x 30mm aluminium angle (90deg) and then went to bunnings got some plastic screws and to bolts with washers and lock nuts.

Drill 5 holes in the aluminium, two to attach the plate and 3 to attach the aluminium to the front bar. The srew the aluminium onto the front bar and then attach your plates.

Pics

NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

farrrkkkk!!!! comparing my black rims to your black rims is like comparing shit to chocolate when it comes to quality the black on ur rims from powder-coating is uber good quality

Comment

goldcoastdc5r its more of a look mod isnt it as i dont see how u would really get alot more air this way then say in the center?

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                          goldcoastdc5r its more of a look mod isnt it as i dont see how u would really get alot more air this way then say in the center?
                          exactly my thoughts.

I want it similar position as goldcoast but actualy move it higher so its on the front bar and dosen't cover any air holes at all.

Comment

just stealing Manny's sig here.

But something similar to this evo's plate holder (position wise also).

Comment

blu-tak ftw lol
                              ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

Working...
                              X