DC2 (R) Fuel Pump Limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ewendc2r View Post
    My experience with most Japanese / Domestic cars is to the contrary - Has anyone had problems with starvation under high extended lateral g corner? I mean, we normally wouldn't be on the track with much less than half a tank, so usually not a concern.. I just don't want to run the risk of leaning out and going boom..

I guess this will sort it: Do the guys with race cars here, Benson etc, use a surge tank?
    Its interesting with the bigger motor this year we are suffering abit of fuel surging with the fuel level at 1/2 tank. The car ALWAYS run on full tank to stop the surging

We had a look at fuel surge tank set-up but question whether the hot fuel return from the rail will reduce the octane level.

So at the moment, we are trying to work out the best possbile solution to fix this issue during the off-season to save the extra weight the car is dragging around the track

Having said that, if you have a relatively stockish motor, you shouldnt have a problem. Put in a Air/Fuel guage for proper readings. You'll know when its sruges, a/f will run leaner for a brief second
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Interesting that you're getting fuel surge at 1/2 tank, Benny. Does the EG have similar in-tank baffling as the DC2R? Have you looked at an in-tank style surge tank? I had an external surge tank in a Commodore (those things had appauling fuel surge) - the tank got hot to touch and it made the whole interior stink of fuel.
      Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
      In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

Interesting re: concerns of temp / lowered octane from return fuel .. My general philosophy when looking at systems / setups is look at F1, then DTM / JGTC and V8's. I figure if its good enough for them, its good enough for me. How is the surge tank handled in a V8 Supercar? Assuming they have remote fuel cell, maybe not due to rules.. In any case, how do they setup their surge tanks? If temp of return fuel isn't an issue to them, then shouldn't be an issue to you???

And on that -- Benson, have you considered a fuel cell setup yet? Is there significant benefit from the change in weight dist / CG?

Just found a hole in my radiator hoses .. Is there any real world benefit of expensive brand name hoses vs OEM (Cheap!)?

And I've got the A/F gauge setup/installed.. I don't have experience with motors going pop from leaning out, and maybe someone can provide some info, I was of the belieft that if I'm running at the limit or close to with the SC setup, if it leans out for a split second could that be enough to go boom or is it generally a prolonged lean out (i.e. through a full corner) that causes failure?
        Last edited by ewendc2r; 05-09-09, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          upgrade to a walbro 255.

everyone i know who has done this has not had a problem.
          I've done this too... awesome stuff.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Working...
          X