No announcement yet.

B18C7 Tappet Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the picture i posted is from the factory service manual.

you need 0.007in and 0.008in feelers...
    ... retired/

Comment

You don't really need bent feelers....

Just get normal ones.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

u reken straights alright ?? looks like it would give me incorrect readings if i use straight ones

Comment

I find them fine. You can bend them a little anyway if you feel you need to.
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

mad i got set at work ill give it a try...thanks dudeee

Comment

you need to set the valve clearances in the middle so it would be

Intake 0.17
              exhaust 0.19

I made my own tool for adjusting valve clearances on b, h,f, and k series motors....

You will need a deep 10mm (1/2 inch socket)

And a double ended ring spanner with the bend at each end.

The ring spanner has to be big enough to almost fit the 10mm socket into it, then grind end of socket slightly so it will be an interference fit into the ring spanner.

Bash or press them together slightly and then weld around where the spanner and socket meet.

And just use a flat blade screwdriver to put down the centre, then you should have a perfect valve adjustment tool for honda's and cheap to. let me know how you go. vary easy to make.

Comment

Originally posted by intk20A View Post
                you need to set the valve clearances in the middle so it would be

Intake 0.17
                exhaust 0.19

I made my own tool for adjusting valve clearances on b, h,f, and k series motors....

You will need a deep 10mm (1/2 inch socket)

And a double ended ring spanner with the bend at each end.

The ring spanner has to be big enough to almost fit the 10mm socket into it, then grind end of socket slightly so it will be an interference fit into the ring spanner.

Bash or press them together slightly and then weld around where the spanner and socket meet.

And just use a flat blade screwdriver to put down the centre, then you should have a perfect valve adjustment tool for honda's and cheap to. let me know how you go. vary easy to make.
                already made one mate worked great and didnt cost a cent!! cheers for ur help

Comment

pics please!
                  ... retired/

Comment

cant be botherd reading through al the thread to see if anyone has already posted but just FYI hondas should have their tappets checked every 20k

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

Working...
                    X