B18C7 Tappet Clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B18C7 Tappet Clearance

ey guys does anyone know the clearances in which the tappets have to be on a b18 engine and also any idea where to buy the special tool to use on them as i heard the b18 is a bit of a pain

snap-on is the best. but expensive...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
      ey guys does anyone know the clearances in which the tappets have to be on a b18 engine and also any idea where to buy the special tool to use on them as i heard the b18 is a bit of a pain
      Just take it to a mechanic who has a feeler gauge. I got mine checked at 80,000km and they were spot on.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

WHOAH! sorry, so wrong! it is 0.008in on exhaust and 0.007in on intake at cold.

Attached Files
        Last edited by tinkerbell; 30-07-09, 04:55 PM.
        ... retired/

Comment

i am a mechanic by trade and i have bent feeler guage ....just gettin to them is the hard bit

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            sorry - forgot to say 0.8mm on exhaust and 0.7mm on intake at cold.
            cheers tinkerbell

Comment

cheers tinkerbell
              whoops, sorry mate, had my mm and inches back to front...
              ... retired/

Comment

honda dealer

Comment

waitttt .8 and .7 ?? u just been smart :P thats a big ass gap man

Comment

ooopp nvm haha know of anyone else that sells that special tool in western syd area... i know how exspensive and over rated snap on is lol someone round heres gotta have one cheap like $100 is would be ok cause id always have the tool
                    Last edited by DC2RKID; 30-07-09, 05:19 PM.

Comment

mate, i never use a special tool, just a 10mm socket on a medium extension... not too hard.

try a 10mm deep socket with vice grips even...
                      ... retired/

Comment

intresting...might even be worth makin up my won tool for it ey

Comment

I did mine the other day - It's not hard with a 10mm deep socket, I just found that I'd have to tighten and re-check a few times to make sure the adjuster screw didn't tighten with the nut.

After I got the hang of it, it was all good. I used 0.18 for intake and 0.2 for exhaust. A few were a bit tight from my previous attempt, causing a random misfire.
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I use a ring spanner that we cut off and re-welded at a better angle. Has worked for years and you can get a screw driver in there. Totally ghetto too
                            Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
                            In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

mate ghetto or not it if it works its good haha cheers man

Comment

Working...
                              X