Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
    yes i am jdm whore. dont want anything other than oem or jdm

jingers, yes thats the other option, they may have one..
    go for that option, its important to get what YOU want. Shame to let one enjoyable track day throw u off your goals for your car...

Comment

Better off borrowing one locally. If you damage the centrax one in transit, you'd end up paying more. Radiators are fragile to ship around thanks to their fins.

Comment

i think im gunna go oem guys..next time the oem one starts cracking i'll upgrade! ARC one is another $1200 on top of stock..that is a big difference! so unless centrax have a spare one i can 'lease' in the meantime..
        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

hey szy i have a spare dc2 vtir one, its second hand from my old vtir. From memory its the vtir, could be from my itr lol forgot :P

if u want it, i might sell it for cheap, say 200?

Comment

I'd rather upgrade first, miss track day and come out a better car. You can always go to the track later, the ARC part needs to be build to order. The more you wait on it, the more time it'd take. You know you want it, so eventually you'd get it. And you know that you won't be ultimately satisfied/happy until that happens.

Compromise on tuning is no different to using rubbish substandard parts due to costs deficiencies/justifying budget usage. You can either be a baller or wannabe baller. The difference is clear.

You have PM, Szy.

Comment

its a radiator not a header for christ sake

if it gives 20% better cooling tham oem or 15% better cooling than oem it aint going to make that much difference considering that its running fine most of the time with oem cooling...

you guys are talking about a radiator likes its a forged piston or a titanium valve or a hand balanced crank

Comment

szy can do what he wants and he will.. but my point is that the advantage of a ARC radiator over another of the same size probably wont be that large??

if i am wrong then your very welcome to correct me.. for i know sweet FA about radiators.

Comment

yes sir we undersatnd ur concern about radiators but this is not about that.

This is about what syz wants and as far as im concerend if he wants the radiator which costs 100% more and works 10% less effective then oem then his still right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                    yes sir we undersatnd ur concern about radiators but this is not about that.

This is about what syz wants and as far as im concerend if he wants the radiator which costs 100% more and works 10% less effective then oem then his still right.

Comment

if someone is willing to outlay around 10% of the total value of a car on its radiator - it is up to them.

but then to say "i'll just use OEM until it breaks, THEN get a ARC one" is kinda confusing - as 00dc2 has sorta indicated...
                      ... retired/

Comment

LMAO ... I love how threads ultimately pan out around here. I CBF explaining the differences on yet another item in the car considering I did one for the harness and it proved to be more pointless than beneficial. Oh well, happy surfing.

Comment

the *differences on an item in the car* are quite possibly irrelevant when, by admission, the purchaser is buying an item on the basis that it is either JDM or OEM...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Thank you Noel, i had completely ignored the "Harness" thread untill now..

boy is that some funny shit..

Comment

no worries szy, i understand your apprehension in buying crappy stuff that might not fit well...

i wouldnt buy something unless there are people who are already happily using it..
                              Last edited by 00dc2; 11-10-06, 07:59 PM.

Comment

szy - do you have a temperature gauge in your car?

prevention is better than the cure
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X