Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARC radiator for dc2r

heyya all.
    my cars getting major service at the moment, and my mechanic noticed that the radiator has some small cracks in the plastic top tank..not good as i have a track day coming up very soon..
    i want an ARC alumi. radiator 36mm, anyone have one? any other suggestions for replacement/upgrade?
    any suggestions for where to get one asap? is there an australian distributor?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

dont know of anyone with a dc2r arc but i do know the centrax dc5 is running the arc prestige R model. Worth it to message them or call them?

No australian distrubutor so u will be paying premium prices. ARC products are never cheap say something aroudn $2k?

Comment

yup thanks already bn in touch with centrax..just thought there may be someone with one for sale in australia, ie an australian distributor..but obviously not..

Comment

im sure u have seen this page?

http://www.arcinter.co.jp/arc/produc...ist/honda.html

Comment

try pricing some non-ARC ones,

i am probly going with a PWR one with Samco hoses:

http://www.titanms.com/cooling.html

333us + 89us + 110us (shipping) = $709AUD landed and delivered.

if you REALLY want an ARC - try this place:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...ling/Radiators

shipping quote was $200USD from there though...
          Last edited by tinkerbell; 09-10-06, 01:32 PM.
          ... retired/

Comment

BTW - JDMyard has a aluminium Koyo one for DC2 in stock and ready to ship for $600 i believe...

contact Yonas @ Jdmyard.com to see if he still has it, tell him that tinkerbell is going with a PWR one from the USA...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta
              i want an ARC alumi. radiator 36mm, anyone have one? any other suggestions for replacement/upgrade? any suggestions for where to get one asap?
              All ARC radiators/aluminum cooling products are built to order. There is a bit of wait regardless of which type you order. I suppose you already know the difference on what ARC sells.

No bad points to add, one of the best flagship racing products money can get for your Honda in this aspect. Since you're looking at ARC, there won't something else to substitute or do better for the same amount of money in terms of build quality/finish.

Comment

anyone used mugen or calsonic?

Comment

szy i use pwr on my dc2r, and it works pretty well even in light of a big 750hp roller bearing turbo sitting right next to it

Comment

i had my first detailed look at my radiator... wtf.. there are like 2 radiators there in the front (looks like it to my untrained eye) one is infront of the other... and there are 2 fans side by side on the one at the back.. is that right?..

or did my cars previous owner put in aftermarket cooling gear???

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                      i had my first detailed look at my radiator... wtf.. there are like 2 radiators there in the front (looks like it to my untrained eye) one is infront of the other... and there are 2 fans side by side on the one at the back.. is that right?..

or did my cars previous owner put in aftermarket cooling gear???
                      Front "Radiator" is for Air Con... The main radiator is the one behind, the one the two thermo fans attach to...
                      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

ok thanks.. so best cooling mod would be to piss the air con off..

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                          ok thanks.. so best cooling mod would be to piss the air con off..
                          haha.. I like how it protects the radiator from bugs and other crap bending all the fins
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            try pricing some non-ARC ones,

i am probly going with a PWR one with Samco hoses:

http://www.titanms.com/cooling.html

333us + 89us + 110us (shipping) = $709AUD landed and delivered.

if you REALLY want an ARC - try this place:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...ling/Radiators

shipping quote was $200USD from there though...
                            The PWR website lists the RRP as $735 AUD, surely they are cheaper in Australia somewhere.

Buying an Australian product from the USA seems a little twisted.

Comment

well unfortuatnely its volumn over everything else

if i was selling camrys and indians bought 1000 whilst australians bought 10 then hell yes it would be more expensive in australia even if australians made it

Comment

Working...
                              X