Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doavl View Post
    cool.

having a bit of problems now though, seems like the engine movements have... increased

i have a suspicion that it's because the front mount was torn, the inserts probably couldn't help much there. shit.

anyone got any idea on how much an OEM engine mount costs?
    I was always under the impression that ESMM were supposed to work with torn mounts. You could always take the mounts out and fill them with some polyurethane though. I believe someone here wrote a DIY or something on how to fill the mounts a while ago.
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

yeah, that's what i was hoping too. back to the drawing board i guess... not sure if I should try and find an OEM mount or upgrade the set to innovatives or something.

hmmmm... what to do? what to do?

Comment

Hey ESMM users,

I just got a set and trying to install now, i got the front mount unbolted and its moving around, but no matter which way i try to get it out, there is no way it will fit. Is there any tricks/hints anyone can give me to get this out ><!
        Last edited by Zakarados; 10-07-10, 02:00 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Did this last week. There is no special way to do it, but it is quite difficult. Just keep trying different angles, we took the front one out downwards but the rear one we lifted out through the engine bay.

Comment

oic, just not my day... the rear mount was easy to take off, inserts went in fine, but getting it back in is being an ass ><!
            sigpic

Comment

Just persist . You will get it out eventually. I have done/helped with this install on multiple DC5s, Type R and Type S, and it always comes out eventually.

Comment

Did you guys have problems getting the rear mount back in after the esmm inserts?
                sigpic

Comment

this might seem like a noob question, but if I end up getting mugen mounts, would esmm still be necessary or will mugen mounts be suffice to remove wheel hoping and prove response?

Comment

Bumping an old thread.

SO whats happened is my on gf's dc5, the passneger mout is cracked . massive lag whenever she takes off LOL.

Anyways, im consdiering picking up a set of these mounts and giving her my 70k klm old Type S mounts. Their not cracked or anything, is this OK?

Also for any reason, if my oem type s mounts were cracked, are these inserts still usable? THanks, reason why I ask this is, its either get these inserts, or get Hasport mounts.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Anyways, im consdiering picking up a set of these mounts and giving her my 70k klm old Type S mounts. Their not cracked or anything, is this OK?

Also for any reason, if my oem type s mounts were cracked, are these inserts still usable? THanks, reason why I ask this is, its either get these inserts, or get Hasport mounts.
                      Your proposed solution should work fine, and even if the mounts have slight cracking the ESMM inserts should still have a significant effect. When I took my mounts out to install my Innovative mounts I found that the OEM front mount was slightly cracked but I hadn't noticed any ill effects with the ESMM inserts fitted. If the rubber of the mount is cracked so bad that it looks like the centre of the mount is going to fall out then perhaps some new mounts might be better though .

Comment

Thanks Tom!

I've ordered the inserts for $68AUD

from ebay. postage was $35.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Hi i have a type s 05 and i'm finding that the rear inserts are nearly impossible to fit in. Is it meant to be a really tight fit?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by T S View Post
                            Hi i have a type s 05 and i'm finding that the rear inserts are nearly impossible to fit in. Is it meant to be a really tight fit?

Thanks
                            Yeah they are meant to be a really tight fit. Make sure it is well lubricated and there is no little bits of extra rubber or anything on the mount that is preventing it sliding in. I can't remember any more details than that it has been years since I did a set of these .

Comment

I had a NIGHTMARE installing these... I ended up sanding/shaving bits of the insert as it looks like the mold wasnt perfect. Also use alot of lube and i mean ALOT. Try raising the engine a little to get more leaverage. It will go in eventually. Took me 2 days (well i gave up first day due to heat and frustration) next day went in fine.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I did what Zakarodos did but cut the offending parts off with a stanley knife. Then it fit in perfectly... minus some.

Comment

Working...
                                X