Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ what a nub!!!

Originally posted by stevan View Post
    well after another 3 hours in the garage im finally happy with my gruppe m lol. ended up sanding the replacement cowl back 3mm all around and then using 6mm thick anti vibrational foam tape under the cowl, strut bar and under the scoop. also picked up a couple galvanised washers to raise the intake manifold cover 2mm to stop that noise through larger clearance.
    gotta love that sound though, turns heads thats for sure....
    why did you sand back the cowl?
    i have the same problem with my M... but all i really needed to do was take it out again and form it up nice and neat!
    or get a loud exhuast... then you wont hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mashi View Post
      ^ what a nub!!!

why did you sand back the cowl?
      i have the same problem with my M... but all i really needed to do was take it out again and form it up nice and neat!
      or get a loud exhuast... then you wont hear it.
      Sorry Champ, Its a bit of a personal joke between me and Bungsi!

I just wanted to ask do all Gruppe M users run into this problem with the DC5 System they run?

Comment

^lolol you're both nubs with STD

umm.... im not too sure about that...
        but i know that after awhile the M's original form tape wears out...and you would have to replace it.
        otherwise you will get that rattling noise...
        Last edited by Mashi; 29-05-09, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mashi View Post
          ^lolol you're both nubs with STD

umm.... im not too sure about that...
          but i know that after awhile the M's original form tape wears out...and you would have to replace it.
          otherwise you will get that rattling noise...

What did you think the S stood for in his name? The type of car he drives?

Its actually Type Syphilis Tony

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            What did you think the S stood for in his name? The type of car he drives?

Its actually Type Syphilis Tony
            hahaha we found the comedian in CITR. hurry up and come syd so the tigar can give u a std.

~~~~

how cut would you be, when you spend 1.3k and the intake gives you rattling noise problems.
            Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
              hahaha we found the comedian in CITR. hurry up and come syd so the tigar can give u a std.

~~~~

how cut would you be, when you spend 1.3k and the intake gives you rattling noise problems.
              Special price On STD's For 45SET when he arrives!

Man I spent like $1,100 on my Mugen Intake & got cut cause the bolts provided were to small for the thread on the lower half of the intake so I had to buy new ones which tunred out to be crap and broke a few of the sleeves that the bolts go through & now the intake doesnt even seal properly so i gotta rip it all apart again when i decide to do my gearbox shift linkages cause everytime i try ripping 2nd's or 3rd's i get a mad crunching noise!

But At least it doesnt rattle!

Comment

I electrical tape the joint b4 the clamp. this stops 3 types of noises.
                I also use a subaru bolt with a washer for the bracket bolt.
                this stops it coming loose and falling out.
                I put a strip of black foam on the the part where it sit on the strut brace.
                Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Working...
                X