gruppe m issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gruppe m issues

so i got my gruppe m from xposed last week and installed it the same day, had a few issues;
    besides the replacement cowl being a piece of crap, ive been spending the last week getting rid of;
    1. the squeeks from the rubber on the intake box
    2. the lateral and vertical movement of the intake (using a piece of nylon to tie it to the strut bar to some effect
    3. cutting the oem scuttle panel to stop rattles from the window
    4. redoing all of the above when something else makes noise lol

basically now the biggest prob i have until i install the oem scuttle is to stop the cover on the intake manifold vibrating profusely which never happened before, does anyone know how to do this and also, how has anyone stopped the intake from moving so much during acceleration??............

IMO, the GruppeM intake's fitment is pretty average. You need to just put padding anywhere where you think that might come into contact with the intake. The intake is only held on by one bolt and a flexible rubber intake tube so its going to move no matter what you do. I think your best solution is to get some engine mounts or a torque damper to minimize engine movement.

Comment

lol i've been trying to fix the rattling for the past year... still cant find a permanent solution

Comment

wrap your strut brace in rollcage foam to hold it in place against the cowl and get an ETD or engine mounts.

Comment

Get aftermarket engine mounts. With my Innovative 85a a few rattles from my intake are the least of my worries.

I also padded the underside of the cowl piece, the area where the intake sits, and wrapped some foam around my Mugen strut bar.

Comment

well after another 3 hours in the garage im finally happy with my gruppe m lol. ended up sanding the replacement cowl back 3mm all around and then using 6mm thick anti vibrational foam tape under the cowl, strut bar and under the scoop. also picked up a couple galvanised washers to raise the intake manifold cover 2mm to stop that noise through larger clearance.
            gotta love that sound though, turns heads thats for sure....

Comment

hey dude i found this article. http://www.type-r-owners.co.uk/forum...ad.php?t=26070
              hope could help

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                well after another 3 hours in the garage im finally happy with my gruppe m lol. ended up sanding the replacement cowl back 3mm all around and then using 6mm thick anti vibrational foam tape under the cowl, strut bar and under the scoop. also picked up a couple galvanised washers to raise the intake manifold cover 2mm to stop that noise through larger clearance.
                gotta love that sound though, turns heads thats for sure....
                Yep, just add double sided tape to cushion the noise. The more, the quieter.

Also, ensure to lock tite the clamps. After some time, they will become loose and it may come off due to the engine moving after a period of time. I know, it happened to me

Comment

Sell it and buy Mugen intake!

Fits directly in the place of the OEM intake & will never give you a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                    Sell it and buy Mugen intake!

Fits directly in the place of the OEM intake & will never give you a problem!
                    oh shit... this forum just became shit!

HAI TONY!

Comment

Nah I dnt tlk Sheit in this forum, its for informative info only!

Comment

Tonay...the Tiger.

STD's come for free.

Comment

You Cant party With me unless you got an STD

Comment

Well at least we know that after partying with you, we'll have one.

Comment

Chicks Dig STD'S, Shows them that you have experiance!

Comment

Working...
                              X