Rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotors

I have the Harrop Brake kit for my DC5 and half the slots are worn away. I emailed Harrop to see what the minimum thickness of the rotors should be before I have to replace them. I got an email back saying minimum thickness should be 26mm. He also provided me with the dimensions of a new pair of rotors that will be 28mm thick. I was quoted about $1000 for a replacement pair.

I think that the rotors are a 2 piece design so is there any other place where I can source out a pair of rotors that would be a lot cheaper than from Harrop? or am I stuck with Harrop rotors because its a harrop brake kit.

I don't know much about rotors etc so is 2mm of wear on a set of rotors normal before replacement?

2mm is a reasonable amount of wear for a rotor before replacement. Stock DC5 rotors are 24.9mm thick and the minimum thickness before replacement stated in the manual is 23mm.

No idea on whether you are stuck with Harrop rotors.

Comment

2 piece rotor= you can replace rotor and bolt it to the old rotor hat.
      search for your rotor's dimension, thickness, size, bolt pattern to rotor hat, with any of the rotor manufacturer out there. brembo, AP, alcon, endless, apdixcel, projectmu, or even DBA..
      Last edited by K.C.; 18-04-09, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
        search for your rotor's dimension, thickness, size, bolt pattern to rotor hat, with any of the rotor manufacturer out there. brembo, AP, alcon, endless, apdixcel, projectmu, or even DBA..
        Definitely give the above suggestion a go. But regardless of what brand you go, you will probably expect to pay more for even just the rotor replacement compared to a one whole piece rotor as two piece rotors is simply a more up market product.

Comment

Does anyone make custom rotor hats or sells DC5R rotors blank hat?
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Built. Tuned. Driven
          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
            Great idea, thanks for your suggestions and help. I'll send a few emails out.

Comment

so wondering, there are 2 different type of rotors. Some are 2 pieces and some are 1 piece, but are you meant to perform differently?
              '03 Integra DC5 Type R
              Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
              Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
              Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

2 piece rotors are approximately 2kgs lighter then 1 piece rotors (weight varies depending on disc size, design, material, etc). In the future you only need to replace the actual rotor and bolt that on to your existing rotor hat instead of needing to buy a whole new 1 piece rotor.
                Last edited by SPL_K; 15-01-10, 06:34 AM.

Comment

would that also means that it would be typically cheaper to replace the rotors + bolts than buying an whole existing 1 piece rotor?

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
                  2 piece rotors are approximately 2kgs lighter then 1 piece rotors (weight varies depending on disc size, design, material, etc). In the future you only need to replace the actual rotor and bolt that on to your existing rotor hat instead of needing to buy a whole new 1 piece rotor.
                  '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Its still costly. I replaced just the rotors and it was 1G for both the fronts.
                    No hats or bolts.

Comment

just realised that my rear stock rotors are quite worn out already, looking to replace it soon. I jumped onto the DBA site and realised that they don't make them for our rear

what company makes rotors for our rear?
                      '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

try powerslot, stoptech, rotora or ebc
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
                          just realised that my rear stock rotors are quite worn out already, looking to replace it soon. I jumped onto the DBA site and realised that they don't make them for our rear

what company makes rotors for our rear?
                          they make em for ep3r which fits for dc5
                          Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                          Flickr
                          my car blog - Have a read
                          my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                            they make em for ep3r which fits for dc5
                            that's good to know exchanging knowledge LOL BUT i got JDM Brembo conversion for front and rear, JDM rear calipers setup the same as EP3R?
                            '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
                              that's good to know exchanging knowledge LOL BUT i got JDM Brembo conversion for front and rear, JDM rear calipers setup the same as EP3R?
                              lol nwz, u cud compare the specs of both rotors? size/offset etc...
                              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                              Flickr
                              my car blog - Have a read
                              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Working...
                              X