Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So below are pretty much the best wheel specs for those without any fender modification?

17 x 7 - 8.5 / +35
    18 x 7 - 8.5 / +35

Comment

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post
      So below are pretty much the best wheel specs for those without any fender modification?

17 x 7 - 8.5 / +35
      18 x 7 - 8.5 / +35
      No.

17x7 - 8 +35
      18x7 - 8 +35
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
        No.

17x7 - 8 +35
        18x7 - 8 +35
        Well I was close :P haha thanks for clearing that up for me though. I think I'll just play it safe and look for a pair that are +35 rather than roll my guards, for this car anyway. Appreciate all the help guys!

Comment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-Inch-V...f6cb9a6&_uhb=1

any idea how much guard work would i need to do to make these fit? or is it near impossible... abit far fetched but worth a shot

Comment

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post

any idea how much guard work would i need to do to make these fit? or is it near impossible... abit far fetched but worth a shot
            I ran ce28s in18x9 +35 on the front of my dc5. Fitted easily ran minimal camber and was low. Its the rears that will be touch and go. May hit your rear trailing arm. But guard rolling will be a must and decent amount of camber.
            FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

It all depends on how low you are. But yes i would recommend getting your rear guards rolled. With wheel fitment it will fit fine at the front and you probably jusy get away with it in the rear. Ive ran 17x9 +35 all round before with -2 degree camber and i just clear the rear trailing arm. I also ran 235/45/17 and i didnt scrub as i had my guards rolled. But 17's and 18's could have different fitment. Best thing to do is to trial fit them on before purchase.
              sigpic

Comment

I think they'll fit with minimal issues, rolled guards at the rear and a little camber is all you're likely to need. Of course it's heavily dependent on ride height, alignment and tyre size.

Comment

I run 17x8+35s with 225/45 currently. Looks like this.

but ive been looking at picking up some wheels for the track. The one's ive found are 17x7.5 +35.
                  I'm obviously not worried about them scrubbing, but more clearing brakes (spoons) and trailing arms?
                  Thanks in advance

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379045002.783418.jpg16x8 +32 on a dc2

Currently sitting a little low for my liking so she scrubs on bumps
                    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
                      I run 17x8+35s with 225/45 currently. Looks like this.

but ive been looking at picking up some wheels for the track. The one's ive found are 17x7.5 +35.
                      I'm obviously not worried about them scrubbing, but more clearing brakes (spoons) and trailing arms?
                      Thanks in advance
                      those specs are fine. Its not until you go about 8.5 inch wide wheels till you need offset under +35 for the rear to clear. If i can find some photos of my older set which where 17x7.5 +33 wrapped in 225/45/17. And clearing spoon brakes you might have some trouble though. If theyre going to be track wheels why not go wider?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
                        [ATTACH]5893[/ATTACH]16x8 +32 on a dc2

Currently sitting a little low for my liking so she scrubs on bumps
                        What are your alignment settings?
                        Where does it scrub?

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                          those specs are fine. Its not until you go about 8.5 inch wide wheels till you need offset under +35 for the rear to clear. If i can find some photos of my older set which where 17x7.5 +33 wrapped in 225/45/17. And clearing spoon brakes you might have some trouble though. If theyre going to be track wheels why not go wider?
                          Mostly because I can't afford wider hahaha. Just found some light wheels at a good price. Obviously I'm gonna sacrifice some grip, but when you can do wheels and brand new ku36's for under a grand, its hard to say no.

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                            What are your alignment settings?
                            Where does it scrub?
                            Alignment is a little out but that's around 2.2deg of camber from memory. It scrubs on the inside on the tyre. When I get my new suspensions ill be adjusting it all, I should be ok running less camber
                            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

How would 18x8.5 + 45 fit on a dc5? I think tge offset may be too high, but will it fit? How will handling be affected?

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                                How would 18x8.5 + 45 fit on a dc5? I think tge offset may be too high, but will it fit? How will handling be affected?
                                Yep offset is too high it won't fit. For that width I would try and go for offset around +35 or lower to clear the rear trailing arm
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X