This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post
    I explained to them it was a DC5, lowered 1-2" etc - they said it'd be fine. What kind of offset/width should I be looking into then? I'd like to avoid having them too 'sunken in' to the fender, more so flush with it without having to mod them though.
    You will find out that its not gonna fit and hit your trailing arm and coilovers. A more suitable offset would be looking into +35 if you are not after something too aggresive but still sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
      You will find out that its not gonna fit and hit your trailing arm and coilovers. A more suitable offset would be looking into +35 if you are not after something too aggresive but still sensible.
      Yes i agree with stephen here. On a 18x8.5 i would get something with +30 to +35. That would be a nice fitment.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
        Only other offset available is +38, how would that go? Cheers for the reply.

Comment

Only other offset available is +38, how would that go? Cheers for the reply.
          Without running any camber you might find you will hit as well. Best thng to do is to trial fit them on the car before purchase. Thats your safest option. But definately +44 will hit and will sit inside the guard quite a bit
          sigpic

Comment

Gotcha, alright thanks guys! I'll keep an eye out for a better offset.

EDIT: Found these are available also, would these sit okay or is 9.5 too wide?

18x8.5 +30 5x114.3
            18x9.5 +35 5x114.3
            Last edited by iamvinny; 10-09-13, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Gotcha, alright thanks guys! I'll keep an eye out for a better offset.

EDIT: Found these are available also, would these sit okay or is 9.5 too wide?

18x8.5 +30 5x114.3
              18x9.5 +35 5x114.3
              18x8.5 +30 is the better fitment. 18x9.5 +35 you would also hit the rear trailing arm. The wider you go the lower the offset needs to be. You will probably need to roll your rear guards for safe measure. And maybe invest in some camber arms. It also depends on what size tyres you plan on running. I suggest 225/40/18. Or go for 17inch wheels and run 225/45/17
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much Hau - I'll do a little bit more research and be sure to get the specs right. I'm trying to keep it simple (don't want to roll the guards etc) so I think 18x8.5 +30 will be the better option with 225/40/18.

Comment

I explained to them it was a DC5, lowered 1-2" etc - they said it'd be fine. What kind of offset/width should I be looking into then? I'd like to avoid having them too 'sunken in' to the fender, more so flush with it without having to mod them though.
                  That definitely won't be flush. You'll be looking at a +35 offset or lower for it to be flush.
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Make your life simple and just roll the rears lol

Comment

Originally posted by kk20aa View Post
                      Make your life simple and just roll the rears lol
                      I agree. Its worth while getting your guards rolled. Even with those specs you will probably scrub the rear guards with those tyres. Spend that bit extra for piece of mind. If you dont want to roll your guards then dont even think about having flush fitment. If you really dont want to get your guards rolled then stick to 8inch wide or lower. Or put it back to stock height then you wont have to worry about scrubbing. You will probably have to run a bit or camber as well. I ran 17x9 +35 which only just fitted with -2 degree camber in the rear and that sat fairly flush with rolled guards and 235/45 tyres. With the occasional scrubbing.
                      sigpic

Comment

So if I were to have them rolled what would you guys recommend in terms of flush fitment of the wheel without any issues and what tyre size to go with it?

Having the guards rolled is only about $70 right? Think I looked it up once but was about a year ago - I see what you guy mean though, rolled guards = a lot more options plus it looks better

Comment

I highly reccomend Top One @ Arncliffe, or Nelson from Sydney Guard Rolling.

Nelson did a flawles job for me, no kinks or paint cracking at all. from memory it was $60 a corner. That was 4 years ago though, thanks to the stance movement his business must be booming and pay possibly charge $70-80 a corner. Mind u, if I had to roll guards again on another car, I would be happy to pay $80 a corner from Nelson. Tons of patience that guy! 1 hour per corner is how long he spent on my car...
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

If you want ANYTHING to look flush in the rear, you need to get the guards rolled. There is about 2-3cm of lip in the rear, which really does effect running anything aggressive.

Comment

considering just one badly rolled guard can devalue your car by thousands of dollars - you'd better be sure you are not going to regret it...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Rolled guards look pretty shotty from some angles even if done properly. Especially on white cars

When you decide to raise and go back to stock wheels to sell, it will be very noticable

Comment

Working...
                                X