Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on hau comment phil seems like+35 offset will contact with ur camber of -2.5....
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Ive had more clearance running -3 in the rear so phill youll be fine. I thought when you run less camber the bottom sticks out a bit more so you have more clearance at the bottom so youd clear it better? Idk im just assuming.
      sigpic

Comment

I thoght running more camber will reduce the clearance btween inner wheel and trailing arm?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

i ran 17x9 +38 with 235/45 with -1.8 camber at the rear..had to use a 5mm spacer as the wheel would rub against the trailing arm at wakefield..was fine on street. there's a sweet spot with the camber..too much and the top of the arm will scrape..too little and the side will scrape.
          Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
          Flickr
          my car blog - Have a read
          my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

im pretty sure u had 235/40 .....
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              I thoght running more camber will reduce the clearance btween inner wheel and trailing arm?
              When you run negative camber doesnt the top of the wheel move in towards the car and the bottom moves out? Thats what i thought. Idk alot about alignment
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                im pretty sure u had 235/40 .....
                oh ye..whoops
                Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                Flickr
                my car blog - Have a read
                my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

How are you guys running the 40 ratio tyres. I have them on my stock wheels and I'm loosing traction. I think the diameter of the wheel cannot handle the torque since it is smaller and rotates too quick.
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

40 ratio with a wider tyre should keep the rolling dia within spec... should it not?

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                      How are you guys running the 40 ratio tyres. I have them on my stock wheels and I'm loosing traction. I think the diameter of the wheel cannot handle the torque since it is smaller and rotates too quick.
                      What tyres are you using? Tyre construction and compound will have far more effect on longitudinal traction than a tiny change in diameter.

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                      40 ratio with a wider tyre should keep the rolling dia within spec... should it not?
                      A 235/40 is a little smaller than stock diameter:

Comment

I am using ku31s with 215/40 and 215/45. Using the 40s my car drops about 1-2 cms. Also the wheels for the 45 tyres are rpf1s and they are a lot lighter than the stock wheels.

Comment

Just so we're all on the same page, here is how to read the tyre specs.

So to use the above tyre specs as an example, 215/40/17 and 215/45/17.

215 = Width (215mm)

40/45 = Tyre "height" as a % of width.

17 = Diameter of the rim.

Therefore 215/40/17 has a sidewall of 3.4 inches and 215/45/17 has a larger sidewall of 3.8 inches.

Hence there will be a .4 inches or ~1cm difference in size between the two sets.

Comment

Hey guys, how will 17x9 +35 at the front and 17x9 + 54 with a 10mm spacer at the rear fit with 255/40 on all four corners? This is on stock ride height to.

I saw a car on Club RSX with this fitment and it looked great but the owner wasn't able to tell me much regarding fitment.

Regarding spacers as well, a friend told me they're illegal? I thought they were only illegal if the wheels stick outside the guards?

Comment

So a quick Google search shows spacers and adapters aren't legal anyway.. So I just gotta figure out a better offset for the rear

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                                Just so we're all on the same page, here is how to read the tyre specs.

So to use the above tyre specs as an example, 215/40/17 and 215/45/17.

215 = Width (215mm)

40/45 = Tyre "height" as a % of width.

17 = Diameter of the rim.

Therefore 215/40/17 has a sidewall of 3.4 inches and 215/45/17 has a larger sidewall of 3.8 inches.

Hence there will be a .4 inches or ~1cm difference in size between the two sets.
                                Yep, you are exactly right. I was trying to compare my ku31s in 2 different sizes. I notice my car dropped about 1-2cms in between the 2 tyres.

Using the 215/40/17s i found that it was harder to find traction when i was launching the car.

When using the 215/45/17 I found it a lot easier and the car would not wheel hop and etc.

But it could also be the age of the tyres. They were a year apart so that could also be another issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X