This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting 18x10s on a DC5

So i found a nice set of 18x10+12 rotas and wanna put them on my dc5-s. Its lowered on tein ss and sitting basically on the lowest(tyre tuck rears,1.5 finger gap front on 17s)
    Just wondering what mods need to be done to fit the wheels and is it recomended? Rolling gaurds is obvious but is flaring needed? and will i need camber arms etc.
    Really hope is not too much

Comment

fiting 18x10s on a dc5

Camber arms for rear. Camber bolts and todds tie rods for the front. Widest 245 tyre (I think) and minimum -4 degrees? Sounds about right. I needed -3 on my 17x9+22
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Wow so quite a bit of work. roughly how much is that looking like for $$?? and what damage if any would be caused if i put the wheels on with no mods? or do these need to be installed first?

Comment

fiting 18x10s on a dc5

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
          Wow so quite a bit of work. roughly how much is that looking like for $$?? and what damage if any would be caused if i put the wheels on with no mods? or do these need to be installed first?
          $$ varies on which parts exactly you choose and where you go. All needs to be installed beforehand to avoid poke, scrubbing and defects!
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

Re: fiting 18x10s on a dc5

If your located in melb drop me a pm to discuss fitting
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
              Just wondering what mods need to be done to fit the wheels and is it recomended?
              is it recommended?

well, is it a show car? or a car you intend to drive around and use for stuff?
              ... retired/

Comment

Definitely require heaps of guard work, stretch tyres and alot of camber.
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Im running 18x9 +29 on my dc5, did need guard rolling obviously but dnapol is right im running -4.5 at the rear and -3 at the front wrapped in 235/40s

Comment

well, is it a show car? or a car you intend to drive around and use for stuff?
                    Its not a show car, in fact its my daily. However Im looking to make it somewhat aggressive but still driveable. I just dont want to buy the wheels and have to fork out a crap load of money to get the camber right. Plus just found out the tyres are 235/45 and and 245/45 so it has a bigger profile, not sure if that will effect it much. may need different tyres...

Comment

To put a pair of 18inch's 10 width isn't an issue with guard work like Benson said. However you will start to scrub the inner rear chassis on 255 profile tyres. I'm on 265 and need extensive guard work. To be honest, as a daily, I personally recommend not such aggressive diameter tyres. I'm sure with 17 inch's and an aggressive offset you can fill those guards nicely. Understand as well that driving experience in corning will be greatly diminished as you will have a larger turning circle with wider tyres and rims.

Width of +9 should be sufficient as an aggressive width. However ultimately its your choice in the end of the day, however take it from some of us (like myself) that larger does not necessarily mean better.

Norm

Comment

Fitting 18x10s on a DC5

^ well said, and to keep in mind the turning circle of dc5 is already terrible so it just doesn't really make sense for daily, as stated 17x9 should already look aggressive but up to you and what kind if driving you do and where you go often.
                        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                        NSEX

Comment

Thanks to the both of you.i was looking for a response from personal experience, and now that i know this i wont be wasting my time with the wrong wheels. only other thing is i would like to go 18s just to make it sit a little nicer, would 18x9 be recomended? what would be the ideal size for 18s ?

Comment

18 x 9 will suffice mate. Don't be greedy.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post

Do you guys think these are 17" or 16" - thanks! (and any way to tell the offset?)

Comment

Re: ◄◄◄◄ The Wheel Fitment Thread ►►►►

How would I go fitting 17x7 +38 on stock DC5-S suspension? I doubt an extra 7mm will sit outside the guards?

Not an aggressive fitment.
                                Last edited by DaRKNT; 05-01-13, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X