Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He-yo guys, I just got a set of wheels in 18x9 +26. Planning to run 225/40/18 tyres and be lowered to a finger gap. Already have rear-guards rolled, I'm thinking that I'll just need to run some camber, say 2-3 degrees, to make them fit?

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
    I just wondering is any chance no guard modification required if I fit a set of wheel with 17x9 +30 on my 03 DC5R? I like this set of wheel very much, but the spec I mention is the smallest they made.
    Thank you
    If you're lowered to say around a finger gap, then you'll most likely need the rear guards rolled. I had 17x8.5 +32 and it needed guard rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
      He-yo guys, I just got a set of wheels in 18x9 +26. Planning to run 225/40/18 tyres and be lowered to a finger gap. Already have rear-guards rolled, I'm thinking that I'll just need to run some camber, say 2-3 degrees, to make them fit?

If you're lowered to say around a finger gap, then you'll most likely need the rear guards rolled. I had 17x8.5 +32 and it needed guard rolling.
      Thanks for your advice, I think I should giveup that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
        With a relatively narrow tyre like that I don't think you'll even need that much camber. My car is about a finger gap at the rear on 17x9 +28 with a 225/45 and -1.4 camber from memory and I could get away with even less camber. The situation would be similar at the front.

Comment

Well got the car back now, they gave me - 3.8 camber at the rear. Too much?

Comment

Also just took it for a drive, seems to be either leaning to the right a bit or has a dead spot. Due to the front camber?

Comment

just wondering if it is safe to use slip-on spacers (5mm) while at the track? I need to space out my rear wheels to stop them scrubbing on the trailing arm due to cornering load. I will be using work rc aluminium nuts if that makes a difference
              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
              Flickr
              my car blog - Have a read
              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I believe ppl can use up to an 8mm spacer before it starts getting dangerous on oem studs.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Heey guys considering purchasing some wheels for my dc5 let me know whats u guys think of the specs!
                  17x9 +35
                  17x8 +35
                  obviously when I take it to the track I'll have the wider wheels at the front but on the street I'll have a 20 or 15mm spacer on rear and use the 9s at the back for looks and the bigger dish !

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
                    Heey guys considering purchasing some wheels for my dc5 let me know whats u guys think of the specs!
                    17x9 +35
                    17x8 +35
                    obviously when I take it to the track I'll have the wider wheels at the front but on the street I'll have a 20 or 15mm spacer on rear and use the 9s at the back for looks and the bigger dish !
                    Honestly just keep the wider wheels at front for street or track. 9's will fill out guards better up front and 8" with +35 will be a tight fit on the rears.

Comment

Originally posted by fr4n View Post
                      Honestly just keep the wider wheels at front for street or track. 9's will fill out guards better up front and 8" with +35 will be a tight fit on the rears.
                      I was worried about the 8s not filling the guards at the front but it won't be a tight fit at The rear I don't think!

Comment

I was worried about the 8s not filling the guards at the front but it won't be a tight fit at The rear I don't think!
                        Idk about dc5 but assume its similar to ep3. At 17x8 +32 it's flush with rolled guards and barely 1cm away from the rear trailing arm. I'm not sure how well 17x9 +35 would fit

Comment

x9 +35 won't fit in the rear without spacers.

x8 +35 looks ok. I would get the guards rolled, and a camber kit to get the camber sitting closer to -1'. If you lower it without a camber kit it'll sit at about -3'

Comment

I fit 18x10+20 no scrubbing! I was shocked lol

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              x9 +35 won't fit in the rear without spacers.

x8 +35 looks ok. I would get the guards rolled, and a camber kit to get the camber sitting closer to -1'. If you lower it without a camber kit it'll sit at about -3'
                              My guards are rolled so that's a good thing! I have camber top coilovers will I still need a camber kit for the front? U was planning on 15 or 20mm bolt on spacer for rear is that correct?

Comment

My guards are rolled so that's a good thing! I have camber top coilovers will I still need a camber kit for the front? I was planning on 15 or 20mm bolt on spacer for rear is that correct?
                                My previous post was only about the rear - Nothing to do with the front. You can only have adjustable camber tops in the front of the DC5 chassis. The rear you have to buy an adjustable arm.

I personally would never run spacers. Honestly, I probably won't bother with any form of spacer with a x8 +35. With about -1' - -1.5' of camber it's going to be fairly flush.

Comment

Working...
                                X