This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, just a quick one here..

what is the right tyre pressure for a set ad07 215/45/17?

i google searched and they saying max is 44psi, i am on 42ish.

sounds good or?

cheers

Comment

Are you running stretched? Regardless that seems quite high. If its a standard tyres and rims I'd be running 34-36 in the dry and a little less in the wet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
      Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
      Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
      Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
        18x9+22 all round with 235/40/18 all round Hankook rs3
        I'm guessing you just needed rear-guards rolled, as well as camber for front and back to make them fit? I've been thinking of getting 18x8.5+25 wheels ...

Comment

Rear guards rolled,-3 camber on front and -2 on rears

Comment

Ah ok, thanks (:

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
              Ah ok, thanks (:
              You could probaly pull off a -2 at the front..even a -1 at fronts with 18x9+25

Comment

Baller fitment!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

hmm would i be able to fit 18x9 front and 18x10 rear? lol :s im still looking for rims that would be good for my red dc2 plus a bit of stance....

Comment

I think 18" is too big for a DC2, your tyre profile would be crazy thin.

Comment

Just wanted to give everyone something ive been experimenting with.
                      My car is my Daily, and ive had nothing but bad luck with cops and insurance in my life. As such, legal comes first, looks second.

Fitted to a stock DC5 integra 2001,

17x8 +32 = front too wide by 6mm
                      17x7.5 +30 = front too wide by 3mm (i know that math doesnt add up, but its what my laser measure said)

in the end, to have no rubber visible when viewed from above, i settled on 17x7.5 +40

while you can get it to tuck with camber, in QLD the law is technically 'wheel can't be visible when looked down from directly above'. while you can argue its the tyre you can see, not the wheel, judges hate nit picking.

I love flush, but just a heads up

Comment

Hey guys, a quick question from a new guy.
                        I acquired a DC2R a few months back and am looking at some wheels. I've looked around and I've set my heart on the RPF1s.

Its 16x7, 5x114.3 with +43 offset. From what I've gathered thru the posts here I reckon it wouldn't be any problem fitting (thanks for all the useful information btw!). I'm not too sure on tire size now but from your experience, would 205/45R16 would work? or 205/50 be better?

Cheers for helping!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                          Hey guys, a quick question from a new guy.
                          I acquired a DC2R a few months back and am looking at some wheels. I've looked around and I've set my heart on the RPF1s.

Its 16x7, 5x114.3 with +43 offset. From what I've gathered thru the posts here I reckon it wouldn't be any problem fitting (thanks for all the useful information btw!). I'm not too sure on tire size now but from your experience, would 205/45R16 would work? or 205/50 be better?

Cheers for helping!
                          Yep you're right the wheels should be no problem. 205/45R16 is the correct size to use but the load rating of some tyres in this size can be less than what is required for a DC2R, so be sure to check that carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Yep you're right the wheels should be no problem. 205/45R16 is the correct size to use but the load rating of some tyres in this size can be less than what is required for a DC2R, so be sure to check that carefully.
                            Thanks a lot ChargeR. Much appreciated.

Where can I find the tyre load requirements for DC2R?

Pardon me for the noob questions people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                              Thanks a lot ChargeR. Much appreciated.

Where can I find the tyre load requirements for DC2R?

Pardon me for the noob questions people.
                              Your tyre placard should state it, which should be on the door jamb.

Comment

Thanks a lot once again!

Comment

Working...
                                X