Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have opinions on work cr kais 17x8 +32 fitting on a dc2r?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      A bigger and taller tyre will also bend and flex more on the wheel under cornering loads which will result in poorer response and possibly less grip, though the taller tyre is better for ride comfort in most cases.

Stevan can clarify but I think a roll of the guards at the rear is all you may need for fitment, the wheels might clear without a spacer it really depends on ride height and alignment. If it doesn't clear I would be more inclined to give the trailing arm a few smacks with a hammer rather than run a spacer.

I would use a 245/40 or 255/40 tyre, with the 245/40 being my preference. After running a fair few wheels and tyres I prefer when the tyre is a bit on the narrow side for the wheel, it probably gives up some peak grip but response is much better. The shorter sidewall is ever so slightly better for gearing and ride height also.

Just pick whichever is available in the tyre you want, either will fit with no problem.
      It's a 2 finger gap at the front and a 1 finger gap at the rear with stock wheels and stock tires. Is it possible to fit a 255 tire on a 9 inch rim?

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
        It's a 2 finger gap at the front and a 1 finger gap at the rear with stock wheels and stock tires. Is it possible to fit a 255 tire on a 9 inch rim?
        Yeah a 255 will fit fine on a 9" wide wheel. It is just my preference to maximise wheel width for the tyre, which is why I put a 255 on a 10" and 225 on a 9" on my car.

Comment

Any issues with fitting a 255/40/17 tire to the DC5 with a 17X9 +35 offset?
          rubbing, fender mods etc?

Thanks for your help ChargeR. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I think Rudi / vippy84 used to run that on his DC5 with around -2.5 camber all around. Whether there were a lot of scrubbing etc. I'm not sure. Last time I tried a 17 x 9 +38 and it was quite close to the suspension of my car, even without a tyre!

Comment

You get a little bit of rubbing on the front...
              im running
              17x9 +35 255/40/17
              Front and there is abit of scrubbage and my car isn't slammed on it's bum, there's about -1 camber but would suggest either more camber or rolling guards or modifying guard liner...
              Tom can confirm this anyway, he's seen my car and been in it.

17x8 +30 245/40/17 Rear.
              Reduced scrubbage due to rolling of guards but there is a slight amount sometimes on track, will not be getting 245 Tyre again on the rear, made an epic mistake.

These specs sit flush on the DC5, well rear does, front pokes give or take 5mm.

Comment

Hey guys,

I got a set of RPF1's coming in that are 17X9 +35 offset. What will it take for me to fit these on my DC5R. I'm also looking to find out what size tires would suit these wheels that will be used strictly for track. (semi slicks)

At the moment, my alignment settings are
                Front: -3 camber
                Rear: -2 camber

The tires will be strictly for track use so they will be semi slicks and I don't care about the rolling diameter.

I'm guessing because its for track use, I would want the widest tire that I can fit on the wheels and a pretty low profile. I think I would need a rear spacer to clear the trailing arm as well and maybe roll the rear guards a bit?

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.
                I run an indentical setup to what you have here. Also only use RPF1's as track rims. Great buy btw, you can't go passed these in terms of bang for buck. Extremely light and fairly cheap too.

Only difference is I have -3.5 front and -2.5 rear. You won't need any spacers to fit them with your alignment but you will definitely need to roll rear gaurds (no need to pump). I run a 245/40/17 tyre and they fit perfectly. I only have scrubbing issues on full lock (front of tyre scrubbing against inner chassis) because I have slightly more caster, something you won't have to worry about (yet).

255 would fill a 9" rim exactly but as ChargeR pointed out, a width less would be a good compromise for looks and responsiveness when pushed to the limit. I personally wouldn't run 255/40/17 because the rolling diameter would deviate too much from stock where as 245/40 is much more true to size. I run a stock motor so this is something i take into consideration.

For your reference this is my ride height. The street rims and tyres i have on are similarly specced.

Last edited by andrew84tran; 14-03-12, 09:36 PM.
                eckoflyte

Comment

Hey guys!
                  17x8.5 + 31 with 235/45/r17 tire. -1.5 to -2 deg camber front and rear 3 finger gap height rear 2 finger front. Any issues?
                  The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Should be alright, 3 fingers is pretty high. I had 17 x 8.5 + 30 with those tyres with 1 finger gap, -3 camber front -2.5 rear. Camber wasn't to fit it, probably could have run less.

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
                      Hey guys!
                      17x8.5 + 31 with 235/45/r17 tire. -1.5 to -2 deg camber front and rear 3 finger gap height rear 2 finger front. Any issues?
                      Are guards rolled as well? With that much camber front and rear, I'm sure you wont have issues, but good to also mention if you have guards rolled etc.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                        Should be alright, 3 fingers is pretty high. I had 17 x 8.5 + 30 with those tyres with 1 finger gap, -3 camber front -2.5 rear. Camber wasn't to fit it, probably could have run less.
                        Thanks man!. I just want to run th -1.5 to -2 camber for handling. I've got OCD and hate camber. Only like it straight LOL

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        Are guards rolled as well? With that much camber front and rear, I'm sure you wont have issues, but good to also mention if you have guards rolled etc.
                        Nope I want miminal drama with this set up. So no guard rolling or excessive camber. Or else I would of went 9 inch. Thanks for your input!
                        The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

I meant it would hve been good to disclose if your guards were rolled or not, because that could have had a weighting on how much camber u need to run without issues.

Since u are willing to run up to -2, these will fit with no dramas
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

I'd get guards rolled regardless imo

Comment

Hey guys, considering changing rims this year.
                              Considering a 17x9.5 +28 All round rim.
                              Rear guards have been rolled.
                              What issues will i be facing with this to ensuring they fit correctly.
                              Camber is no issue as these are possibly going to be my new track wheels. So im not worried of camber wear as i do have a daily.
                              Don't want to put Semi's on these wheels, after a really good street tyre that can also have a blast on track with.
                              So suggestion of Tyre size's etc would be great aswell.
                              Preference is to not have any stretch..
                              The reason i ask these questions as when i originally got my last set of wheels, i jumped into the tyre market with no experience and made a big mistake with sizes so i'd like to not make the same mistake.
                              Willing to play around with the width of wheels aswell as i haven't ordered anything yet, just after some opinions and advice =)

Thanks guys
                              Last edited by MYDC5R; 19-03-12, 06:35 PM.

Comment

18x9+22 all round with 235/40/18 all round Hankook rs3
                                Last edited by Pizzo321; 22-03-12, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X