This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ChargeR;201613]

I'd use a 255 and deal with it, non-staggered tyres on staggered wheels is silly.

QUOTE]

well this is for my x9 +22 setup, so going by your comment, your saying cos this is a non staggered setup, id run non staggered sizes tires so 235/45 all around?

I might pick up a cheap pair of 255/40 to slap onto the wheels when I get them, if they scrub, i'll go 235/45 when i order a new set depending on this trial fit.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MACDOG
      Someone? :P haha, sorry for double re-post or whatever, just over my car looking like a monster truck! haha.

Quote:
      With a 195/55 on the 15" and a 205/45 on the 16" I think both should be fine without any guard modifications, depending on ride height and alignment. The only reason you might have problems is if the car is too low and the tyres bottom out on the inside of the guard, or if your car is low and you reduce the negative camber at the rear, which might cause contact with the rear guard lip.

Stock ride height at the moment, my drive way is retarded. But if I just buy the wheels, stick the recommended tyres on them (The ones you stated) I should be fine, right? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

I'd use a 255 and deal with it, non-staggered tyres on staggered wheels is silly.
        well this is for my x9 +22 setup, so going by your comment, your saying cos this is a non staggered setup, id run non staggered sizes tires so 235/45 all around?

I might pick up a cheap pair of 255/40 to slap onto the wheels when I get them, if they scrub, i'll go 235/45 when i order a new set depending on this trial fit.
        Ah yeah sorry I must have misread your post, the pink bits confused me. I think a 235/45 at the rear on a 17x9 +22 will require less than functional rear camber, so it wouldn't be my first choice. And a 235/45 front with 235/40 rear will look retarded, at least to someone like me who obsesses and dreams about tyre diameters. On those wheels I would go for a 235/40 all around and carry some bits of wood in the back of my car to help get into driveways/dips.

Do you think a 225/45 would be tall enough to keep you from scraping? That is also an option, not a great one for performance though.

Originally posted by MACDOG View Post

Stock ride height at the moment, my drive way is retarded. But if I just buy the wheels, stick the recommended tyres on them (The ones you stated) I should be fine, right? Cheers
        Yeah at stock ride height you should be fine, I can't see either of those wheels/tyres going close to rubbing.

Comment

Thanks tom, i really dont want to raise my car. Have even thought about parking my car on the street lol... I might measure how i am on 235/45 for clearance... But its gonna b a bit inaccurate cos that sized tyre is stretched on a 9.5" wherl.. N i cant hit the same place of my driveway everytime as the angle is always off.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Progressive OEM style springs are wider than a coilover spring, but if you look at how the stock wheel sits against the stock strut, the diameter of the spring is irrelevant, because the spring is above the tyre. So stock style struts should have at least as much clearance as a coilover, probably more, because the stock shock is smaller diameter than most coilovers. So I wouldn't worry about inner clearance, you shouldn't have a problem.

No-one can tell you exactly what you will need unless they have an identical setup, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say if you fit a 245/40, two camber bolts per side to obtain as close to -2 camber as you can at the front, roll the rear guards, then they should fit no problem. You might get rubbing on the guard liner clips at the front, and obviously a 235/40 will be better.

The difference between a 245/40 and 235/45 in terms of guard clearance will probably not be that much, the larger diameter of the 235/45 will be more inclined to result in rubbing compared to the extra 10mm of width on the 245.
            Thanks mate that was quite helpful.

What would I need to do to my front fenderliner to prevent rubbing? just remove them and there's no probs?

Comment

I've read so much that now im confused.

Got a DC5R and I'm thinking
              Rota Grid's
              18x9.5
              +20

First question, is +20 offset too much?
              I will be rolling guards of course and will be running Buddyclub N+ Coilovers

With those specs above, is it just simple roll guards and some camber and it should be sitting fine without hitting any chassis or stuff?

Won't be buying this stuff till early next year but I want to research and scope everything out so I get it right!

Cheers
              S2000
              WSID : TBA
              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
              Smooth As Detailing
              Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post

Rota Grid's
                18x9.5
                +20

With those specs above, is it just simple roll guards and some camber and it should be sitting fine without hitting any chassis or stuff?

Won't be buying this stuff till early next year but I want to research and scope everything out so I get it right!

Cheers

It all depends on what size tyres you are planning on running, 18x9,5" +20 will fit provided you run stretched 225/35 or 235/30 tyres, you might scrub on the front inner linings when you full lock, but you could always rip those off, or run even lower profile tyres.
                Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

Depnds on ride height, and tyres (As above).

Comment

Spewin. 35 profile is harsh! they don't make those wheels in 8.5 wide but caved in like the 9.5s?
                    Does anyone know if the ce28s or replicas come in a 18x8.5?

This is what i <3
                    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rota-GRID...item231511a075

is +20 flush with guard or abit of poke?
                    Last edited by Flippit; 02-11-11, 03:28 PM.
                    S2000

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Spewin. 35 profile is harsh! they don't make those wheels in 8.5 wide but caved in like the 9.5s?
                      Does anyone know if the ce28s or replicas come in a 18x8.5?

This is what i <3
                      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rota-GRID...item231511a075

is +20 flush with guard or abit of poke?
                      pretty sure alex/plaything had the same set on his dc5
                      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                      Flickr
                      my car blog - Have a read
                      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Rota Grid's
                        18x9.5
                        +20

Cheers
                        18x9.5 +20 will sit very aggresive, i'd stick with 17's though. 18's fill the guards better, but makes the car sit a lil high. IMO it looks weird when the guards are tucking tyre, but theres quite some room from road:car.

What camber kit are you running? I used to have buddyclub N+ and had one set of camber bolts and I got -4.7 deg. This had plenty of room with 18x9.5+30 so im sure if u aim for a region around -4.5 you'll be sweet up front. From memory I had -3.5 deg camber in the rear, but since you'll stick out a further 10mm, you'll need more camber. My wheels were in 235/40 ... Hardrace rear camber kit claims to achieve -5deg camber i believe, or if u cant get that much camber, 225/45 might be the tyre of choice. Hopefully Tom chimes in to give more clarity on the tyre selection.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          18x9.5 +20 will sit very aggresive, i'd stick with 17's though. 18's fill the guards better, but makes the car sit a lil high. IMO it looks weird when the guards are tucking tyre, but theres quite some room from road:car.

What camber kit are you running? I used to have buddyclub N+ and had one set of camber bolts and I got -4.7 deg. This had plenty of room with 18x9.5+30 so im sure if u aim for a region around -4.5 you'll be sweet up front. From memory I had -3.5 deg camber in the rear, but since you'll stick out a further 10mm, you'll need more camber. My wheels were in 235/40 ... Hardrace rear camber kit claims to achieve -5deg camber i believe, or if u cant get that much camber, 225/45 might be the tyre of choice. Hopefully Tom chimes in to give more clarity on the tyre selection.
                          Top quality information thanks mate!

I think 17's would be more of a wiser choice due to fitment and tyre selection but the 18's just fill the guards up so much nicer! I think my best bet is to lower the car first then try on said rim sizes!
                          S2000

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

Top quality information thanks mate!

I think 17's would be more of a wiser choice due to fitment and tyre selection but the 18's just fill the guards up so much nicer! I think my best bet is to lower the car first then try on said rim sizes!
                            It's easier and cheaper to lower a car, then buying new rims and tyres.

17's can look good at the right height... but finding that right height is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              It's easier and cheaper to lower a car, then buying new rims and tyres.

17's can look good at the right height... but finding that right height is hard.
                              Agreed i can lower my car but the right wheels are do fucking hard

Comment

Flippit, everyone has good advice in this thread, except where Alex mentions a 235/40R18 tyre , that is a behemoth of a tyre and I think you would be better off with a a 225/40R18, which is available in some good performance tyres but is pretty stretched and I wouldn't do this myself, or even a 235/35R18, although this size is pretty uncommon. Even a 245/35R18 could work, although you would need some pretty aggressive guard work at the rear or some additional camber.

I am sure you realise this, but that wheel setup will be pretty crappy for ride comfort and performance. The price difference between replicas and the real thing isn't anything that patience can't alleviate.

Comment

Working...
                                X