X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

What about 17x8 +25 all around?

Running 235s?

What kind of camber would I be looking at and would I be running into any problems?

Just found another set that I could be potentially interested in

Comment

Anyone know what I would need done to make 19x9+22 fit all round on a DC5 with 1 finger gap?

I was told i need 2/1.5 degree camber F/R and roll rear guards for +35. How would this change with +22?

Thanks

Comment

If the width the same, the wheels wil lsit further out another 13 mm!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

I understand that but how does that affect what i need to do in terms of making it fit? Do i need more camber?

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
            I understand that but how does that affect what i need to do in terms of making it fit? Do i need more camber?
            Yes, you'll need to run more camber. Look on rimtuck.com

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm considering taking my mates wheels 18x10 +35 front and rear. The front, I be running a 15mm spacer so it wont hit it at all. The rear I'm more concerned. People in US and also Stevan is running x9 +35. This setup some ppl scrub on the trailing arm, some dont. Using a wheel offset calculator I have this;

Stevan's rear wheel specs compared to the new proposed set;

My old set 18x9.5 +30 versus new proposed set;

In my head I thought it wouldnt clear unless I had a spacer on the rear? the offset calculator said something different. Opinions?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Not sure what you mean fellow, the calculator tells you that you will have 11mm less clearance than your old set and 13mm less than Stevan. The reason your old set cleared when Stevan had contact is due to alignment and that an 18" wheel gives more clearance due to the way the trailing arm tapers toward the front of the car. So you might get away with a 10mm spacer at the rear.

Comment

17x9 + 45 - how will this sit on an EP3? Will it be too close to the sussy?

Comment

I heard 17x9 +35 is really close with camber, Are you planning on getting the new buddy clubs MRK20A?
                    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by MRK-20A View Post
                      17x9 + 45 - how will this sit on an EP3? Will it be too close to the sussy?
                      You are right it will be too close to the suspension, it will hit the trailing arm at the back and probably the strut at the front. Spacers required unfortunately.

Comment

Recommendations of 17 x 9 +22 with 235 or 245 on the rear performance wise? I know a lot of guys stretch on this spec for fitment and I see that Mugsee and Charger have used 8.5 + 235 on the rear despite the crazy front fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                          Recommendations of 17 x 9 +22 with 235 or 245 on the rear performance wise? I know a lot of guys stretch on this spec for fitment and I see that Mugsee and Charger have used 8.5 + 235 on the rear despite the crazy front fitment.
                          For performance I used a 225/45 on a 17x9 +28 at the rear, there was acres of room to spare so it would probably work okay with a +22 but maybe with less than desirable alignment or ride height. The smaller the rear tyres on my car got, the more I liked it.

Comment

thinking of running 17x9 +35 all round my dc5. will the rears hit the trailer arms? assuming i dont run spacers/camber.

whats the offset limit for the rear before its too close? guessing anything above +40?
                            Last edited by willtran; 01-10-11, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willtran View Post
                              thinking of running 17x9 +35 all round my dc5. will the rears hit the trailer arms? assuming i dont run spacers/camber.

whats the offset limit for the rear before its too close? guessing anything above +40?
                              It might hit. Stevan had rear trailing arm contact with that specification and so have various people on ClubRSX, it is very ride height and camber sensitive. You might have issues you might not, plenty of people have no problem.

I have never seen 17x9 +40 fit without a spacer, and have seen +38 need a spacer. I wouldn't risk an offset that high.

Comment

Originally posted by willtran View Post

i have 17x9 +38 with 235/40/17 tyres. camber at -1.75 and lowered a bit..no issues..depends on how low u want to go and the stiffness of the rear springs and the load on the rear wheels...i get a couple of mm clearance
                                Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                                Flickr
                                my car blog - Have a read
                                my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Working...
                                X