This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
    I'm thinking of getting 17x9 +35 rims also, and I'm not sure about fitment. Currently I'm lowered on BC BR coilovers with around 1 finger gap all round.
    Will the rims fit without rubbing anything?

I'm hoping to be able to reuse my current tyres which are 225/45/17 all round. Will this size help avoid rubbing?

Is camber compulsory to run 9 inch wide with +35? (I got a rear camber kit, but the fronts... can you get away with no camber on the front??)

Any help guys?
    Im running x9+35 witha 215/40/18 tire. Guards are NOT rolled, no camber kits. i would have pretty much same ride height as u. im on 18i's and tucking the tops of the tire, so on 17's .. I would have 1 finger gap. All this with natural camber, the x9 with 215/40 doesnt scrub at all on the rear. up front, the tire only rubs against the splashguard on full lock!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Im running x9+35 witha 215/40/18 tire. Guards are NOT rolled, no camber kits. i would have pretty much same ride height as u. im on 18i's and tucking the tops of the tire, so on 17's .. I would have 1 finger gap. All this with natural camber, the x9 with 215/40 doesnt scrub at all on the rear. up front, the tire only rubs against the splashguard on full lock!
      So are you saying if you did have that 1 finger gap, you wouldn't rub the splashguard? Or are you saying if you had front camber you wouldn't rub the splashgaurd?

Also, any chance you can post up a close-up pic of your 215 tyres stretched onto your x9 rims? Would like to see just how stretched it would look
      Last edited by iVTEC_R; 12-07-11, 03:22 AM.

Comment

32 gtr rims
        16x8 +30 all round. on 215 45
        Attached Files

Comment

^ tough!!

Comment

Well the fronts no longer scrub after a couple months... It was just touching but done enough full
            Locks for it to wear away, no more scrubbing. I get a pic on the weekend mate
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

I'm thinking of getting Work XD9s, 17x8.5 +32 with 235/40/17 tyres all around. Lowered DC5S about 1.25 inches / 1 finger gap

Do you guys reckon this will fit without having to modify my guards?

Comment

Because u wanna run 235's all around - i'd roll guards. Then again how much camber r u looking at running?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Not sure to be honest, im pretty new to this whole wheel fitment stuff. Is there a reasonable amount of camber i can run that'll make 235's fit? Only thinking of 235s if i get 17x8.5. What if i got 17x7.5+32 with 215/45s?

Comment

Hey guys,

Quick question. Thinking of buying a set of rims at 17x8+35 and 17x9+38.

What tires would i be able to fit, respective of configuration (ie 17x8 at front or back) without scrubbing or guard rolling?

Cheers in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
                      Hey guys,

Quick question. Thinking of buying a set of rims at 17x8+35 and 17x9+38.

What tires would i be able to fit, respective of configuration (ie 17x8 at front or back) without scrubbing or guard rolling?

Cheers in advance!
                      I wouldnt run the x9 +38. I think it may possible scrub the inner strut. I ran x9 +38 and also x9 +35. But im perfectly safe as have a 15mm spacer to prevent and scrubbing. In regards to tire sies, I have 255/40 on it. I would run that, or a 235/40 instead. Stevan is running 17x9 +35 all around and he does regret getting such a offset. He is runnig 235/40/17.

As said many times, a DC5 can fit with 18x9+35 (rear) and 18x8+35(front) with a 215/40/18. Guards are not rolled, tampered with in any way, and no camber arms.bolts/plates. Car is slammed so lots of natural, negative camber.

I take it your looking at buying Hank's silver Regasmasters sitting on a S2k down in melb yes?
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

So x9+38 would not fit regardless of being either front or rear? I'm thinking of running the x9+38 at the front with 225/45/17s. Not really looking to roll guards and definitely not looking to run spacers.

Lol yeah, I love regamasters and I've been on the market for a set for a long, long time.
                        Anyone confirm they're a genuine set and in good condition? I'm in the process of negotiations right now.

Comment

It will fit regardless, just depends on what camber ur looking at running! at 225/45/17 it would fit nice me reckon!
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Ah i see! Do you think I will be needing anymore than say.. what my coilovers can provide? (I think Tein SS-Ps can give a max of -1.45 or so)

Lol, Plaything, I'm so inclined to snap them up now ahah

Comment

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
                              So x9+38 would not fit regardless of being either front or rear? I'm thinking of running the x9+38 at the front with 225/45/17s. Not really looking to roll guards and definitely not looking to run spacers.

Lol yeah, I love regamasters and I've been on the market for a set for a long, long time.
                              Anyone confirm they're a genuine set and in good condition? I'm in the process of negotiations right now.
                              17x9 +38 will fit fine at the front. I used the same exact spec before at the front and rear. My tyres were of size 255/40 then I swapped to 235/40 and fits okay!
                              - Project R -

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation!

Comment

Working...
                                X