This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OMGRX7 View Post
    Hi guys, cutting to the point; I want the flush/fitment look.

Came up with brown 17/18"? Work XD9 (prefer 18")
    Front: 8.5
    Rear 7.5
    My car has adjustable front camber bolts/adjustable coilovers/Rear camber kit. Also I prefer not to modify my guards, besides rolling rear guards.

Just need to know:

1. what kind of 'offset' I am looking at (Thinking about 32?)
    2. the profiles for i need for the front and rear tyres.
    3. Advice/alterations?

These were based on suggestions from the clubrsx forums and members here.
    I think if you want it to be sorta flush then you might want to go for more aggressive specs. Take a look at plAythiNG's thread to see what sort of specs you can fit pretty easily with 18s, he was using 18x9.5 +30 with a 235/40 I believe. I would recommend something around an 18x9 +30ish with a 235 or so tyre.

Originally posted by sekii View Post
    Hey guys,

Would it be possible to fit rims 17x9 +22 all round for the DC5S?
    How much guard work do you think I'll need if any?
    I'm obviously after the flush look but don't want scrubbing and I don't want TOO much camber.

Cheers
    Yep will fit with the usual stuff, rolled guards and a little camber. I ran 17x9 +28 at the rear with a 225/45 and had heaps of room to spare with rolled guards so I have no doubt that a +22 would fit with the same tyre. I believe 45SET ran similar specs so check it out here: LINK. He should be able to tell you how much camber you might need.

Comment

tyre: re001 in 235/45/17
      wheel: DC5-S stockies (17x7)
      sussy: stock

I'm thinking it should fit... but if someone with better experience could confirm would be great.

Thanks

Comment

It'll fit but it's quite wide of a tyre, so not many will recommend it. I ran 235 on x7 rims, when I spun out on track the tyre came loose. :P

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
          It'll fit but it's quite wide of a tyre, so not many will recommend it. I ran 235 on x7 rims, when I spun out on track the tyre came loose. :P
          This. Will fit with no problems but that wide a tyre on such a narrow rim sucks for handling.

Comment

Originally posted by sekii View Post
            Hey guys,

Would it be possible to fit rims 17x9 +22 all round for the DC5S?
            How much guard work do you think I'll need if any?
            I'm obviously after the flush look but don't want scrubbing and I don't want TOO much camber.

Cheers
            17x9 +22 with 225/45/17 all round does fit.

You'll need to do the following

Front: Tein SS are at the lowest settings, so about a finger gap from tyre to guard. I currently have -1' of camber. I want more but I'll need to sort out my tie rod issues before I can get anymore. I had to remove the top fender tab. This was actually rubbed away by the tyre making contact with the tab over time. This has caused no damage to the guard it's self. There is about 1-2cm of poke on the front. I don't get any inner guard rubbing, but the tyres do scrub on the guard lining whenever I go over a large bump.

Rear: Tein SS are almost on the lowest setting, so rear tyres are tucking. Rear guards are rolled a far bit, and the top part of the inside of the rear bar has been trimmed as it was scrubbing. I'm running -3' camber, and there is about 1cm betwen tyre & guard (If that). I get no scrubbing what so ever from the rear.

I would only put 17x9 +22 if you are doing it for looks. Performance is ok, but nothing on my old Weds SA90's (Which were 17x8 +35).
            Last edited by 45SET; 15-04-11, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
              Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              This. Will fit with no problems but that wide a tyre on such a narrow rim sucks for handling.
              Thankyou.

I see I see....how much does suck suck? As in it will suck on a track chasing seconds or as in take it quite easy around roundabouts and corners

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                Thankyou.

I see I see....how much does suck suck? As in it will suck on a track chasing seconds or as in take it quite easy around roundabouts and corners
                The first choice, would feel pretty vague and not that great for peak grip on track. Should be fine on the street, just make the steering a little more vague and squishy compared to the OEM 215/45R17 size.

Comment

Hey guys Ive read through half this thread already and I still havent got an answer [planning to finish the remainder] My question is 18x8.5+30 front and rear on a DC5R possible? Im going to have -2 camber all round and lower to a two finger gap front and rear. For tires ive decided on 225/40 all round.

I have 17x8 +42 at front +47 rear and I feel underwhelmed ...
                  Last edited by V8KLLR; 17-04-11, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by V8KLLR View Post
                    Hey guys Ive read through half this thread already and I still havent got an answer [planning to finish the remainder] My question is 18x8.5+30 front and rear on a DC5R possible? Im going to have -2 camber all round and lower to a two finger gap front and rear. For tires ive decided on 225/40 all round.

I have 17x8 +42 at front +47 rear and I feel underwhelmed ...
                    Will work no problems, just a roll of the rear guards perhaps. I ran 17x8.5 +30 with a 225/45, 235/45 and 245/40 at the rear and didn't have a problem with any of them so even though your wheel diameter is larger the wheel and tyre should sit about the same.

Comment

Thanks ChargeR!

Comment

continuing on from V8KLLR...

if you run 18x8.5 at the rear, how close is it to the REAR control arms? According to some guy on ozhonda, it wont, if you run -1.5 camber.

I am also thinking of going 18x9 at the front, but I do not want to cut the fender lining or anything. Is this possible? What is the ideal wheel for this?

Just asking last few questions, before ordering some work XD9's (18x8.5 +30)
                        Last edited by OMGRX7; 18-04-11, 10:46 AM.

Comment

continuing on from V8KLLR...

if you run 18x8.5 at the rear, how close is it to the REAR control arms? According to some guy on ozhonda, it wont, if you run -1.5 camber.

I am also thinking of going 18x9 at the front, but I do not want to cut the fender lining or anything. Is this possible? What is the ideal wheel for this?

Just asking last few questions, before ordering some work XD9's (18x8.5 +30)
                          All about the offset and ride height.

I have a set of Advan RG's, and 2 of them are 17x8.5 +31. I had these on the rear, and I rolled the rear guards, and had no problems.

You don't need to cut the front fenders, all you need to do is remove the plastic screw that holds the fender in place. Once removed the inner fender won't move or rattle, but you'll also get rid of any rubbing you'd get going over larger bumps.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                            All about the offset and ride height.

I have a set of Advan RG's, and 2 of them are 17x8.5 +31. I had these on the rear, and I rolled the rear guards, and had no problems.

You don't need to cut the front fenders, all you need to do is remove the plastic screw that holds the fender in place. Once removed the inner fender won't move or rattle, but you'll also get rid of any rubbing you'd get going over larger bumps.
                            From what i understand and researched today, some people can run 17x8.5 and some cant (Rear hitting the trailing arm). Is it because of the tyre width, how some are 205/225/235? [Someone confirm?]

I basically narrowed it down to WorkXD9 - 17x8.5 with 32+ offset. With this, what kind of tyre would I need to make it clear the trailing arm, but also giving it a nice flush look. (not looking for hellaflush).

I yet looked for the fronts, but I was hoping to fit 17x9.5 if possible?

Any help is appreciated.
                            Last edited by OMGRX7; 18-04-11, 08:26 PM.

Comment

From what i understand and researched today, some people can run 17x8.5 and some cant (Rear hitting the trailing arm). Is it because of the tyre width, how some are 205/225/235? [Someone confirm?]

I basically narrowed it down to WorkXD9 - 17x8.5 with 32+ offset. With this, what kind of tyre would I need to make it clear the trailing arm, but also giving it a nice flush look. (not looking for hellaflush).

I yet looked for the fronts, but I was hoping to fit 17x9.5 if possible?

Any help is appreciated.
                              DC5 I am guessing?

Any offset around +30 should fit fine for an 8.5 at the rear, I have used a 17x8.5 +30 and it had a pinkies thickness clearance to the rear trailing arm. Unless you go to 9" wide or offsets above +35 you shouldn't have a problem. To maximise clearance I would stick to a 225/45 tyre, which is more than enough tyre for the rear of a DC5 anyway.

At the front an offset of around +30 to +35 should clear most coilovers on a 17x9.5 but beware of adjusting camber at the knuckle either with camber bolts or coilovers with slotted holes (like the Buddy Club N+) because you can run out of inner clearance very easily with a 9.5. I have used 9.5 +15 but that sticks way out and you should be able to get away with much higher offsets. A 245/40 should fit nicely on the 9.5 at the front.

Comment

I ran 17x9.5 +35 with 245/40 on the front.

I had to limit camber to -1' otherwise it would hit the struts.

You'll also have poke on the front (Which is hella flush)

Comment

Working...
                                X