Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey alex, i dont think we can fit 18x9.5 on our cars? being that the offset is like 30-35
    Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      OK, so a few of us might be getting some fake te37.. wheel specs are 18x9.5 +30 all around..... What tyres can we put on to squeeze these under the guards... obviously a front and rear camber kit will be needed to ensure the tucking of the wheels into our piss weak guards..... Fadi / 03DC5R .. help us out mate!
      Originally posted by vuongster View Post
      Pretty sure Fadi is running 235/40 IIRC
      yep im running 235/40...and im running -1.5 camber at the front and -2 camber at the rears...rear guards are rolled, fronts arent yet, which is why im getting a bit of scrubbing at the fronts...getting the fronts rolled on thurs, along with a proper fotoshoot pending the weather....will let you guys know how it goes!

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      ebay: rota p45 There's a guy on jdm st selling the P45 18x9.5 +12 !!!! for 1300 ono, there is no way we can fit that at alll i reckon
      lol there is no way you could fot those unless you run like -4 camber all arounf and roll/pull your guards...will look too over the top imo
      183.2KW ATW
      BUILT BY DR HONDA
      Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Originally posted by TYPEaarh View Post
        Ah ok, I'll probably stick to 17x8 then if i want the offset to remain at +45. thanks Charger
        I am not absolutely positive as the clearance will depend on camber and what coilovers you have. Some coilovers have more clearance and more camber will net you more clearance to the rear trailing arm.

I have seen 17x9 +38 need spacers though, but 18x9 +45 fit without issues because the larger diameter keeps the wheel rim away from the rear trailing arm.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          I am not absolutely positive as the clearance will depend on camber and what coilovers you have. Some coilovers have more clearance and more camber will net you more clearance to the rear trailing arm.

I have seen 17x9 +38 need spacers though, but 18x9 +45 fit without issues because the larger diameter keeps the wheel rim away from the rear trailing arm.
          I think it's better to be safe than sorry, what you presented is suggesting that there is a high chance that I may need spacers so I prob won't take the risk (don't want to run on spacers).
          I have tein flex and my camber is not exactly aggressive
          Cheers for that mate!
          Last edited by TYPEaarh; 04-05-10, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Have to post this up since people keep mentioning TE37s. Enjoy

PRTizzle from clubrsx.

Wheels Specs: Fronts 18"X9.5" +22. Rears 18"X10.5" +22

Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
            sigpic
            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

front looks fkn sex!
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

I think im gonna go for 18x9.5 +35
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Does anyone know how he got them 2 fit under the gaurfds, wat camber was he running, wat guardwork was needed?
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

[QUOTE=nugent;33111589]
                    17x9 +30

HAWT!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                      Originally posted by TYPEaarh View Post
                      I have tein flex and my camber is not exactly aggressive
                      I had 17x9 +38 with 255/40/17 at the front previously with Tein Flex. Not a problem at all Scrub when full lock, but clear the fenders and everythng fine with just -1.8 camber
                      - Project R -

Comment

hey guys

i currently have 17x9 235 on my car and looking to get 18x9 and put 235s on it

i was checking this link http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

and im worried by getting a larger wheel its going to affect acceleration to the point i notice the revs taking longer to climb.

anyone notice much differences?
                        Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                          I had 17x9 +38 with 255/40/17 at the front previously with Tein Flex. Not a problem at all Scrub when full lock, but clear the fenders and everythng fine with just -1.8 camber
                          The fellow that I saw that needed spacers needed them at the rear to clear the trailing arm .

Comment

Anyone know how much guard work need to be done with 17 x 9 +22 using 235/45 all round. How about using 245/40 at the front n 225/45 at the back?

thanks

Comment

^
                              i had 225/45 and 17x9 +18 on the rear. only need a roll and some camber.

from had 17x9 +18 235/45, it would scrub alot on the inner fender lining. so either take out lining or cut away at it.
                              "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

will 245/40 at the front be better since the overall diameter is smaller?

Comment

Working...
                                X