awesome ride man, are they spoons rims?

Comment

Originally posted by R123 View Post
      awesome ride man, are they spoons rims?
      nawp..
      regamaster
      - Project R -

Comment

Any chance a wheel that is 9.5" inch wide with offset in the 40's with stretched tyres of 215 fit on DC5?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Any chance a wheel that is 9.5" inch wide with offset in the 40's with stretched tyres of 215 fit on DC5?
          ChargeR has 9.5" for his front.. he used 275 before but i dont know what is the smallest size tyres that he used on those 9.5".
          - Project R -

Comment

wat camber did he run, do u know?
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

his offset is definitely not in the 40s though

Comment

I dont think there is a chance in hell that a rim which is 9.5" wide with a 40+ offset would even fit on a dc5r front end. Let alone daring to stretch a 215 on it!
                Last edited by Didz; 27-02-10, 10:07 PM.
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

oh ya didnt read the camber part.. hehe
                  yeah u need to have 20s or 10s offset..

ask ChargeR and mugsee.. the MR team
                  - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                    oh ya didnt read the camber part.. hehe
                    yeah u need to have 20s or 10s offset..

ask ChargeR and mugsee.. the MR team
                    Also putting enough negative camber to even fit a 9.5" with stretched 215 is just stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                      ChargeR has 9.5" for his front.. he used 275 before but i dont know what is the smallest size tyres that he used on those 9.5".
                      The smallest tyre I had was a 245/40R17 A048 which was basically as wide as a 255 street tyre. 215s .

I would say that the minimum offset to be sure to fit a 17x9.5 at the front would be about +35 but it will depend on what coilovers you have, wheel diameter and tyre size somewhat. For example a 17x9.5 +24 only has a couple of mm clearance to the coilover collars on my Mugen N1 coilovers. To fit a 17x9.5 at the rear you need an offset of about +30 or lower otherwise the wheel will hit the trailing arm. This is only a guide though and the only way to know for sure is to test fit.

You can see that Wuism fit a 17x9 +44 at the front in this post: LINK. So he probably would have been able to fit a 9.5 +38 or +37 before it would hit the coilover.

Assuming that you could fit a 17x9.5 +40ish without it hitting the coilover you should be able to put a 255/40 on it no worries.

wat camber did he run, do u know?
                      Anywhere from -4.5 to -5.3. Going more aggressive wheel fitment and less camber soon though .

Comment

imagine your turning circle if you had 9.5 inches wide at the front.. LOL 9inch wud be the most i would go! (how homo does that sound lol)

i think personally in my experience, you would need to take out ur whole fender liner... etc etc

im pretty sure the guys in the states are doing things like 17x10 + 15 at the back tho atm, not at the front tho!

anyways chime away guys :P

Comment

I think 17x8.5 +30 with 235/40 is a good all round set up

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
                            imagine your turning circle if you had 9.5 inches wide at the front.. LOL 9inch wud be the most i would go! (how homo does that sound lol)

i think personally in my experience, you would need to take out ur whole fender liner... etc etc

im pretty sure the guys in the states are doing things like 17x10 + 15 at the back tho atm, not at the front tho!

anyways chime away guys :P
                            What about 10s at the front? Is that overkill? Will that kill my turning circle? My 9.5s only have 8mm less inner clearance than my stock wheels so they haven't affected my turning circle much.

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                            Apparently so . Ballers go staggered though.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                              ce28s ?
                              DC5S

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                What about 10s at the front? Is that overkill? Will that kill my turning circle? My 9.5s only have 8mm less inner clearance than my stock wheels so they haven't affected my turning circle much.

Apparently so . Ballers go staggered though.
                                haha u dont have fender liners tho?!

well not much of it left anyways? haha

i guess if you take it all out u will have alot more space! i just remember when i was running 255/40 17x9 the wheel would always hit the fender plastic on the inside lol! guarantee on everytime that was close to full lock!

anyways! hopefully some1 gets my lms! so i can catch up to ur aggresive'ness' hahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X