X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cream pants wheels
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

for the audm dc5r wheels, thier 6.5" wide, and oem specs are 205/55 ... wat is the best tyre size/combo for the stock dc5r wheel?

Cheers
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        for the audm dc5r wheels, thier 6.5" wide, and oem specs are 205/55 ... wat is the best tyre size/combo for the stock dc5r wheel?

Cheers
        205/55

edit:
        sorry to be so blunt but why would u go anything different to oem specs on oem wheels?
        Last edited by Didz; 22-02-10, 09:04 PM.
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

ahhh ok, thanks.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
            more pics and specs.
            Will upload more pics when I get home. Only got a pair at the moment.

This pair is 9J +28.

Thanks for the compliment guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post

No more flat CE28s!
              lol i cant believe you posted the pic of my car as your own.

you dirty rat.

Comment

just deciding on some wheels for my dc5s

work 11r 17*8 (not sure abt offet 35/47)
                work xd9 17*7.5 +42)

im inclined towards 11r bcoz the design has more clearance for my spoon calipers as it dusnt have a big lip like the xd9 but i need help with deciding the offset. I know the offset calculator but the numbers dont mean much to me. with the 17*8 +47 15mm less inner and 11mm extra outer. would this clear my calipers and not have any issues (rubbing etc). I do not want to use spacers/guard rolling etc..
                i want the same size wheels all around as i rotate my tyres.
                234/45/17 tyres should be ok?
                TIA
                Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                Flickr
                my car blog - Have a read
                my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                  just deciding on some wheels for my dc5s

work 11r 17*8 (not sure abt offet 35/47)
                  work xd9 17*7.5 +42)

im inclined towards 11r bcoz the design has more clearance for my spoon calipers as it dusnt have a big lip like the xd9 but i need help with deciding the offset. I know the offset calculator but the numbers dont mean much to me. with the 17*8 +47 15mm less inner and 11mm extra outer. would this clear my calipers and not have any issues (rubbing etc). I do not want to use spacers/guard rolling etc..
                  i want the same size wheels all around as i rotate my tyres.
                  234/45/17 tyres should be ok?
                  TIA
                  Do you have AUDM brake setup with the ep3 spoon calipers or the JDM brake setup with spoon calipers?

From my own understanding, if ur offset is too high it wont clear the calipers. So i would go more towards the 35 offset.
                  235 will fit but 225/50 is typically, in my opinion, a better fitment for 8" wheels on a dc5.
                  In terms of guard rolling, depends on how much camber you have and how low your car is. 235 on 8" i would say guard rolling is definite unless you have a bit of camber.
                  Last edited by Didz; 24-02-10, 10:54 AM.
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                    Do you have AUDM brake setup with the ep3 spoon calipers or the JDM brake setup with spoon calipers?

From my own understanding, if ur offset is too high it wont clear the calipers. So i would go more towards the 35 offset.
                    235 will fit but 225/50 is typically, in my opinion, a better fitment for 8" wheels on a dc5.
                    In terms of guard rolling, depends on how much camber you have and how low your car is. 235 on 8" i would say guard rolling is definite unless you have a bit of camber.
                    You probably mean 225/45 .

Didz is on the money. Lower offsets *usually* have more brake clearance so the +35 is more likely to clear your brakes, although it is a massive unknown because it depends on the design of the hub and spoke area on the wheel.

I have seen 17x8 +35 fit without guard rolling but it will depend a lot on alignment and tyre size. The higher offsets would be safer but might not give you the caliper clearance you need.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                      You probably mean 225/45 .

Didz is on the money. Lower offsets *usually* have more brake clearance so the +35 is more likely to clear your brakes, although it is a massive unknown because it depends on the design of the hub and spoke area on the wheel.

I have seen 17x8 +35 fit without guard rolling but it will depend a lot on alignment and tyre size. The higher offsets would be safer but might not give you the caliper clearance you need.

17x8 +35 will fit without guard rolling.. with 235/45 tyres that was on my car
                      - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                        17x8 +35 will fit without guard rolling.. with 235/45 tyres that was on my car
                        What camber are you running all around? How low is your car?

That would give him a complete answer!

Comment

What camber are you running all around? How low is your car?

That would give him a complete answer!
                          camber was -2.5 all around - stock camber adjustment from lowering the car.
                          front camber was -2.5 with 17x9 +38 with 255/40.

my car was lowered to a finger gap!
                          - Project R -

Comment

Got pics?

Comment

Got pics?
                              Sounds awesome Rudy. Quickly post some pics on this thread now!! Better still we will check it out next time we meet up.
                              Last edited by TeMp; 26-02-10, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Got pics?
                                Sounds awesome Rudy. Quickly post some pics on this thread now!! Better still we will check it out next time we meet up.
                                Here boys!! Enjoy

- Project R -

Comment

Working...
                                X