Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just want to ask a couple of questions regarding wheel fitment in my situation.
    In short, getting a front brembo conversion for my dc5 so the front offset will sit at +60 instead of the +45 stock audm.

my question is, how low interms of offset can i go before the car starts to look ridiculous?

and would rota c10 or work cr cai rims clear the calipers? any other recommendations?

thanks for your opinions guys =]
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post

I wanna ge tit professionally fitted using a torque wrench.. any suggestions? and rough price for the labour?
      That's a bit of overkill, isn't it? I know you've had some bad luck with fitting parts but they're just wheel nuts. Basic car maintainence really. You wouldn't call a mechanic to change your tyre, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
        Hey guys, just want to ask a couple of questions regarding wheel fitment in my situation.
        In short, getting a front brembo conversion for my dc5 so the front offset will sit at +60 instead of the +45 stock audm.

my question is, how low interms of offset can i go before the car starts to look ridiculous?

and would rota c10 or work cr cai rims clear the calipers? any other recommendations?

thanks for your opinions guys =]
        I remember Chi's car run 17x7.5 +43 all round on JDM hubs and wasn't exactly flush, but looked nice. He was running CE28s.

I'm running 17x8 +43 rear with 235/45 rear with guards rolled on JDM hubs in this image. Car has been lowered another inch and has -1.6 camber. No scrubbing issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          That's a bit of overkill, isn't it? I know you've had some bad luck with fitting parts but they're just wheel nuts. Basic car maintainence really. You wouldn't call a mechanic to change your tyre, would you?
          True. u reckon i cna jsut simply tighten them up myself, like normal nuts for a wheel?

Also m0nty, do you think i need a wheel alignment perhaps?

I was also reading through the H&R manual, and it said i have to tighten the nuts on the spacer approximately every 100km? WTF?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

True. u reckon i cna jsut simply tighten them up myself, like normal nuts for a wheel?

Also m0nty, do you think i need a wheel alignment perhaps?

I was also reading through the H&R manual, and it said i have to tighten the nuts on the spacer approximately every 100km? WTF?
            When was your last one done? 25mm spacers put extra load on hubs so I'd make sure alignment is sweet.

I've never heard of tightening spacers every 100km. I'd check them every couple of thousand maybe.

Comment

Umm, when i had my coilovers installed at Heasmans. You reckon it'll be safe to jsut tighten them normally how i change a wheel, and jsut every couple thousand klm's, jsut check all nuts are still tightened... (Will over tightening them be bad?) Yeah, might as well get an alignment done ey
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

That was only a few weeks ago so it'll be fine.

Please don't think you've gotta have them on so tight. I've seen people jump on a wheel brace when tightening wheel nuts. Just do them up tight and then one firm pull. Then drop the jacks and give each nut one firm pull again. Remember to always go around the hub on opposite studs to ensure it sits flat on the hub.

Comment

yeah , i like start on one, go clockwise, and skip one n go for the enxt, u get me?

Hmm, i think I'll jsut tightened it myself, and every couple thousand, I'll take the wheels off and ensure the H&R hub's 5 nuts are all tight. Cheers monty!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

yeah , i like start on one, go clockwise, and skip one n go for the enxt, u get me?

Hmm, i think I'll jsut tightened it myself, and every couple thousand, I'll take the wheels off and ensure the H&R hub's 5 nuts are all tight. Cheers monty!
                    If you ever post a photo of your foot again.............................Their will be dramas

Comment

thanks monty, but im looking for something that doesnt requires me to roll any guards.
                      i have an idea but correct me if im wrong...
                      basically with jdm hubs im running an extra 15mm offset. SO if im running +50 offset rims, it should sit exactly at the same location and looks the same as someone running a +35 offset rims on an audm car correct?
                      factors like the wheel width would also affect this outcome im assuming but lets keep it constant for this example.
                      So in theory, if i find someone with a nice wheel fitment on this forum/thread, i could take his specs and add another 15mm offset and get the same result.

this is probably basic knowledge for you guys =/ i kinda feel embarassed asking.
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

I'll let you kknow how my car goes after this weekend.. im running 7 inch wide rim with +45 offset, my tyre is 215 wide.. and I will be putting a 25mm sapcer front and rear.... so I'll let you know how my car goes and if i need to roll any of the guards ok!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                          thanks monty, but im looking for something that doesnt requires me to roll any guards.
                          i have an idea but correct me if im wrong...
                          basically with jdm hubs im running an extra 15mm offset. SO if im running +50 offset rims, it should sit exactly at the same location and looks the same as someone running a +35 offset rims on an audm car correct?
                          factors like the wheel width would also affect this outcome im assuming but lets keep it constant for this example.
                          So in theory, if i find someone with a nice wheel fitment on this forum/thread, i could take his specs and add another 15mm offset and get the same result.

this is probably basic knowledge for you guys =/ i kinda feel embarassed asking.
                          Just get the guards rolled. Nelson from Sydney Guard Rolling will come to you and it only costs $60 a corner. Riding on weak offset is not cool.

Comment

Is Sydney Guard Rolling cheaper, if i bring the car to his workshop?
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Is Sydney Guard Rolling cheaper, if i bring the car to his workshop?
                              He's mobile. It's $60 a corner. You can't be serious??? For the work he does that's more than fair.

Comment

not sure why you bothered with spacers, its too risky and dangerous.

would of been better off buying low offset wheels
                                Blaze Orange

Comment

Working...
                                X