Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a 245/40 or 235/40 on the 9" and a 215/45 or 225/45 on the 8". A degree of camber at most at the front and just the natural camber from lowering at the rear will get them under the guards. Depending on how soft your springs are the front might rub ever so slightly on the plastic fenderliner, but I doubt it. Post pics when you get them on!

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post

F: 17 9J +35
      R: 17 8J +35
      Originally posted by dc05yo View Post
      hey guys was just wondering what it would take for me to fit 17x8 and 17x9 +35 offset?? know most of you guys run staggered offsets with the wider rims at the front but would it work with the wider ones at the back??

Im just running lowered springs all around. The fronts dont have too much camber but the rear does have at least 2-3 degrees by guessing?? also guards will be rolled

Oooh forgot to add that i drive a dc5r =)
      Try looking through this thread, that's the reason why people post up specs and pics.

Front camber: -2.8, tyres: 235/45
      Rear camber : -1.5, tyres: 225/45

It will be detrimental to performance to run wider rims/tyres on the rear but if you don't care and is just after looks then why not...

For fun I actually fitted the 9J +35 on the rear and it clears fine (my rear guards are rolled) and looks awesome but consequently if you put the 8J +35 on the front it will look very weak (depending on how much camber you are running).

Comment

what is the best suitable offset for dc5R with JDM brembo conversion? suggestion please =)
        '03 Integra DC5 Type R
        Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
        Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
        Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Originally posted by dc05yo View Post
          hey guys was just wondering what it would take for me to fit 17x8 and 17x9 +35 offset?? know most of you guys run staggered offsets with the wider rims at the front but would it work with the wider ones at the back??

Im just running lowered springs all around. The fronts dont have too much camber but the rear does have at least 2-3 degrees by guessing?? also guards will be rolled

Oooh forgot to add that i drive a dc5r =)
          shud fit easy, just play with camber and if u want the tyre close to the guard, roll the guards to make it look sweet! back or front doesnt matter only on ur tyre size, camber, guard

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
            what is the best suitable offset for dc5R with JDM brembo conversion? suggestion please =)
            doesnt matter much abt offset but wheel structure, if your spokes come out alot it will clear the calipers. i think stock type s wheels will normally JUST clear it by a tiny tiny gap, but yeah both factors of offset and structure play the roles in caliper fitment.

driveability wise somthing like +35 like ce28n or bbs lms =P or somthing

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
              17x9.5 +40 at the front, a very common size and offset. 17x8.5 +45ish at the rear .

If you want to run the same size front and rear then just go for a 17x9 +45 or something. Just go through this thread and add 15mm to the offsets of the cars on AUDM suspension.

Why get that ricey stuff though? As dr.k20z1 says be careful about brake clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                17x9.5 +40 at the front, a very common size and offset. 17x8.5 +45ish at the rear .

If you want to run the same size front and rear then just go for a 17x9 +45 or something. Just go through this thread and add 15mm to the offsets of the cars on AUDM suspension.

Why get that ricey stuff though? As dr.k20z1 says be careful about brake clearance.
                Just wondering if the same goes for 18" rims? Say 18x9.5 +38 on front and 18x8.5 +38 on the rears? What tyres would I need to run? Guard modifications? 9.5" sounds tough as
                DC5S

Comment

has anyone got 17x8 +25 on a DC5???
                  if so whats the fitment like? what Tyre size? any rolling of the guards or camber kit?

pics would also help.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                    has anyone got 17x8 +25 on a DC5???
                    if so whats the fitment like? what Tyre size? any rolling of the guards or camber kit?

pics would also help.
                    That fitment will be basically the same as Daz's 17x8.5 +31 as pictured below. With a 225/45 it would fit close enough to the same. Rear guards will need to be rolled and a little camber will be needed at the front.

Originally posted by daz View Post
                    17"X8.5" +31 offset.
                    F: -2, R: -1
                    Tyre Size: 225/45/17
                    Comments: Rear guards rolled. 1 finger gap front, 2 finger gap rear. No rubbing/scrubbing.

Comment

hmmm ok, how would 17x7 +25 look??
                      no rolling of the guards??

Comment

I wouldn't let guard rolling alter your decision. Mobile guys will roll them at 60 bones a corner. Going 17x7 will only leave you feeling disappointed, 17x8 will be a good width should you choose to fit them on a Type R later too. 7" won't be.

Comment

Any way to fit a 18x10 +44 set on the fronts of a dc5s?

Saw these but not sure what would be needed in terms of guard mods etc.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=692347
                          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=693932
                          DC5S

Comment

Don't even bother unless you're just hard parking. It would have little to no steering lock, be heavy and with stretch tyres like that, no better traction than 9" wheels with 255 tyres. Some people just do dumb shit sometimes. Like letting the two girls on the left in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                              hmmm ok, how would 17x7 +25 look??
                              no rolling of the guards??
                              I agree with m0nty, don't bother with 7" wide wheels. I believe Bungsai was running a setup nearly the same as that but his wheels might have been 7.5" wide so search for some pics of his car.

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
                              Any way to fit a 18x10 +44 set on the fronts of a dc5s?

Saw these but not sure what would be needed in terms of guard mods etc.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=692347
                              http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=693932

To fit 18x10 +44 you will be mega close to both the strut/coilover at the front and the trailing arm at the rear. I would be very doubtful it would fit without spacers at either end but obviously those guys you linked to got it to fit albeit arse backwards. To run a 10" wheel I would be going for offsets in the 30s at the highest.

I disagree with m0nty somewhat, a 10" wheel isn't that silly, but he is certainly correct in saying a heavy 18x10 wheel will do nothing good for the performance of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                                Don't even bother unless you're just hard parking. It would have little to no steering lock, be heavy and with stretch tyres like that, no better traction than 9" wheels with 255 tyres. Some people just do dumb shit sometimes. Like letting the two girls on the left in the picture.
                                Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

To fit 18x10 +44 you will be mega close to both the strut/coilover at the front and the trailing arm at the rear. I would be very doubtful it would fit without spacers at either end but obviously those guys you linked to got it to fit albeit arse backwards. To run a 10" wheel I would be going for offsets in the 30s at the highest.

I disagree with m0nty somewhat, a 10" wheel isn't that silly, but he is certainly correct in saying a heavy 18x10 wheel will do nothing good for the performance of your car.
                                I agree with the both of you, wasn't planning on getting it for my car. Just interested in what kind of work they needed to do to get those sizes on.

On another note, I'm interested in a few wheels floating around:

R 18x8.5+45 245/40/18
                                F 18x9.5+45 275/35/18

I'm assuming I'd have to change the tyres as they're pretty wide. But how do the actual wheel widths and offsets sound? What tyres would you guys recommend?

P.S Is there a good online rim width calculator that allows you to play with offsets and widths to see how far it sticks out? I remember using one before but can't seem to find it again.
                                DC5S

Comment

Working...
                                X