Extra Hissing with Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Hissing with Headers

I bought my maximworks extractors about 3-4months ago and noticed that there was a hissing sound (like water running through the pipes).

I was told by my mechanic even before he intalled that it would make this sound so i was not worried about that.

But recently it has also started to whistle a little all of a sudden. It is not very loud but you can still hear it when it happens.

Anybody know what the problem may be if any???

BTW i drive a DC2R if that helps???

Normal especially with MaximWorks manifolds ... Part and parcel of running a larger pipe sized exhaust manifold with flex joints.

Confirm there isn't an exhaust/manifold leak however. Sound can be attributed by something else.

Comment

its normal...i had the same sound on my mugen header

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
        I bought my maximworks extractors about 3-4months ago and noticed that there was a hissing sound (like water running through the pipes).

I was told by my mechanic even before he intalled that it would make this sound so i was not worried about that.

But recently it has also started to whistle a little all of a sudden. It is not very loud but you can still hear it when it happens.

Anybody know what the problem may be if any???

BTW i drive a DC2R if that helps???
        btw what are they like? can you do a review of them? szymonsta is getting them soon.. i want feedback about them... whats the bum dyno say? what headers did you have before that?

Comment

I have the same hissing sound on my Toda headers too.
          I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

after i installed my mugen headers on my em1 i had the hissing sound as well.
            found out there was a leak between the welds. got it fixed up and the hissing sound was gone!

Comment

00dc2 .. i'll b able to tell u in two weeks when they get installed!
              noel..m-bit dc2r header does not have 'flex joints'.
              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

isnt it the scavenging effects of the header ?

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
                  isnt it the scavenging effects of the header ?
                  say what?

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                    00dc2 .. i'll b able to tell u in two weeks when they get installed!
                    noel..m-bit dc2r header does not have 'flex joints'.
                    man i gotta see these puppies before they go in...

baffled sum goes in tuesday

Comment

Get a mate to block your exhaust tip while you listen if the hissing gets louder. If it does you know you have a exhaust leak.

Comment

block the exhaust tip...? err.... i dunno if thats a good idea.... and with what anyways..?

Comment

Szy - Yes ... I know ... Should've word it better. Flex joint MaximWorks exhaust manifolds have a more distinct hissing sound/noise to most.

Comment

my DC5R hisses pretty much exactly at 3000rpm...
                            www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

Working...
                            X