No announcement yet.

An Easier Way To Do DC5R JDM Brembo Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just lazy to think and do the easy way by swaping to all jdm....hency I can source parts easlier from jap myself.....I've run stock brembo pads and stock rotors on track b4.....it just fade after 2 laps.....and pads was cooked.....
    I am running project Mu HRC Pro 2 pieces rotor with HC Titan pads.....they feel awesome......those pads been last me for the last 3 trackdays and they still have heaps left.....no brake fade and real good solid brake feel.....(I am also running Mugen brake lines)

my AUDM setup lockup way earlier then my brembo setup......I've run both on track......brembo setup just give you a bit more confidence to hit it later.....without thinking it will lock up......but with AUDM setup I can't do the same brake point.....may be thats just me......but anyway...great info bro....

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
    cheers bud, I thought you can change to JDM LCA without having to change the knuckle and hub? isn't that what the ADM DC5S have?

I've seen a DC5R that have done the complete driveline swap the hubs are so much fatter. As chi has said, you can't run aggressive offset wheels with JDM hubs. I suppose its just 2 different ways to going about the problem of getting track width. Either get wider wheels with low offset or use JDM hubs that push the track wider. But OEM rims are like +60 offset, that's just annoying ahahah

I was using stock pads for awhile, and they felt like my stock calipers on stock pads. Have since changed to EBC yellows and off course they feel much better. I was just saying that given that the different calipers have same pads, the pedal feel was similar until you push them to the limit.

You find that the Brembo doesn't lock up as easily as the stock calipers? I would've thought it would be the opposite affect...
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
      MBC wont affect the brake balance negatively.

Only when you change the Proportional valve then it might affect it in some way.

You dont have to measure anything, it shoudl usually be stamped on the metal part of the MBC to tell you the size.

JDM DC5R MBC is 15/16 too, I've gone through the whole hassle of sourcing the JDM brembo swap.

However I am unsure if the JDM DC5R face lift model has an upgraded MBC, which I have yet to get clarification for.

But at the moment how is your braking feel?
      Pommy bastards! my Master cylinder is smaller again, 13/16
      had a spare JDM DC5 Master cylinder at 15/16 and the design was completely different, not sure if its worth retrofitting.

Comment

Might be worth while looking into a FD2R or FD2 sports MBC.

not sure if they fit, but it would be a better chance than the DC5R.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Even though it doesn't sit right, the actual discs/rotors are held onto the hub via two screws anyway.

Also due to centrifugal forces, the disc would not move around the centre hole (if it could) when the wheels are moving.

Comment

Originally posted by seiken View Post
            Even though it doesn't sit right, the actual discs/rotors are held onto the hub via two screws anyway.

Also due to centrifugal forces, the disc would not move around the centre hole (if it could) when the wheels are moving.
            yup, what he said

at first I wanted to fabricate hub centering rings for the discs
            but had discussion with my mechanic and he told me its not necessary

I've been running this setup on track for awhile now, there's been nothing wrong with it
            Last edited by lukits01; 15-02-09, 08:31 AM.

Comment

get some other rims?

surely thats easier than sourcing all of those JDM bits.

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
                get some other rims?

surely thats easier than sourcing all of those JDM bits.
                ditto,

IMHO running spacers on the track is not safe
                UNLESS its hubcentric spacers with extended wheel studs

if you do get rims that clear, and you still doubt running the S2000 rotors
                get some hub centering rings fabricated for the rotors, ID64.1mm OD70mm
                for your peace of mind. I just dont think its necessary.

p.s. I already stated you will need quite an agressive offset wheel to clear the caliper
                my 17*8 +38 SSR Type-C BARELY clears the caliper thanks to the spoke design
                Last edited by lukits01; 16-02-09, 03:43 PM.

Comment

hi man
                  just asking for a friend, he got JDM brembo calipers and pads, S2K rotors, +30 offset rims, so that are ready to be fitted without hassels?

pls clafify in detail

thx in advance.
                  Last edited by Type R; 22-02-09, 05:12 PM.

Comment

ah yea, now that you mentioned it, I think I needed new caliper bolts to suit the DC5 brembo

re-use your original brake lines, they should bolt on

Comment

ah yea, now that you mentioned it, I think I needed new caliper bolts to suit the DC5 brembo

re-use your original brake lines, they should bolt on
                      what brackets should be used?FN2 factory or JDM DC5 one?

Comment

no brackets needed, mate
                        caliper goes straight unto the knuckle mounting points

Comment

no brackets needed, mate
                          caliper goes straight unto the knuckle mounting points
                          thanks man, you've been very helpful!

Comment

so deos that mean, this would striahgt bolt onto a s2000 using the oem rotors ?

Comment

I think you need a different bracket to make it fit.....
                              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                              1)ブレーキを踏む
                              2)クラッチを切る
                              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                                アクセルをぶかす
                              4)クラッチをつなぐ
                              :blah:
                              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

hi, I'm currently doing Brembo conversion on my dc5r, I'm planning to do the whole conversion instead of just s2k rotors (because it came as a package) however the drive shafts are not included.
                                according to http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...mbo+conversion
                                i need the drive shaft because the AUDM one is too short? has anyone done the full conversion to confirm that it's too short?

Comment

Working...
                                X