Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window rail rubber

Hi guys,

Everytime I close my door with the window down, or drive with the window down, it makes a massive BANG/CRACK/RATTLE noise.

So I pulled apart my door the other day, and found out the window was wobbling around but still in the metal railing. I then looked on the floor of my door, and the rubber bit that the window also runs along has fallen off, causing the noise when my window is open/down.

Thing is, now I have diagnosed the issue, I have no idea how to put it back. I have no idea where to start, and no one can help me.

So I was hoping someone here would be able to? Is there anyone that would be able to help me with this? Or someone professional that would be able to do the job for me? Is it a big job?

Thanks for reading.

Rix.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

There is an article on TeamIntegra for this. Mine did the same thing, I glued it back in with 2-part Epoxy. It's a bit fiddly but certainly achieveable. I think having someone help you push on the window while you slide the rubber in behind it will make things a lot easier.
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Link to article...

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=552

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

You Freakygeek are a freaking LEGEND!!!

Thanks. May I ask what you used to stick it on with (ie what brand of stuff)?

PS: Steve Elwood... you are coming over and helping me with this!

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
          You Freakygeek are a freaking LEGEND!!!

Thanks. May I ask what you used to stick it on with (ie what brand of stuff)?

PS: Steve Elwood... you are coming over and helping me with this!
          negative ghostrider!~!@!#$%^

Comment

I think I used some Permatex Epoxy stuff, it was a little scary because I didn't want to get it on my window glass or paint... I managed alright though! Don't use superglue or any instant adhesives, whatever you do!

There is a little tricky bit at the top of the track, the seal has to tuck behind the window glass, so you have to slide the rubber up the track and push the window in so the seal goes in properly. You'll see what I mean. Do a "test fit" before applying glue, and make sure the window operates properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
              negative ghostrider!~!@!#$%^
              Elwood, you ARE helping me! I'll supply the beers... LOL. And then you can help install my HID's LOL. It'll be a good learning experience.

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
              I think I used some Permatex Epoxy stuff, it was a little scary because I didn't want to get it on my window glass or paint... I managed alright though! Don't use superglue or any instant adhesives, whatever you do!

There is a little tricky bit at the top of the track, the seal has to tuck behind the window glass, so you have to slide the rubber up the track and push the window in so the seal goes in properly. You'll see what I mean. Do a "test fit" before applying glue, and make sure the window operates properly.
              Thanks man. you are a legend. Thanks alot for the help.

Comment

Elwood, you ARE helping me! I'll supply the beers... LOL. And then you can help install my HID's LOL. It'll be a good learning experience.

Thanks man. you are a legend. Thanks alot for the help.
                cant we get ben to do it???!??~!

/whinge

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                  cant we get ben to do it???!??~!

/whinge
                  No, lets do it ourselves. It will happen to you soon, I know it! Then we'll be able to fix it easier.

Comment

my door's making the same kinda noise with the windows.. and sometimes my door latch pops off lol :P i dunno if i should blame my spring rate or the way i drive :S.. i'm gonna try solve this window issue and see if it's the seals!!

Comment

Originally posted by MKDC2 View Post
                      my door's making the same kinda noise with the windows.. and sometimes my door latch pops off lol :P i dunno if i should blame my spring rate or the way i drive :S.. i'm gonna try solve this window issue and see if it's the seals!!
                      hahah goodluck, i'm trying it after exams in a week!

Comment

maybe i'll wait for freakygeek to make another trip up to bris.. you fix my door and i go find you a nice asian girl how's that sound :P

Comment

sounds like its not aligned is it going up and down slow?
                          "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

hahah goodluck, i'm trying it after exams in a week!
                            me three my passanger side makes a shocking noise when closed, even gently
                            DCIIR

Comment

like electrical noise? might be the window regulator crapping out what year is your car?
                              "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
                              X