No announcement yet.

Replacement Shocks for DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always thought pedders just sells their own stuff though =P yeah i might pop in and get a 14 dollar suspension check up

Comment

they sell other shit as well..well the one in penrith does anyway lol

Comment

Hi
        I know your post was a long time ago but which way did you go [with your damping] and what are finding's?
        I have a U.K. spec Tntegra Type R and I am going to do hillclimbs in the U.K. [on tarmac] but the class I run in do not allow coilover's but they allow shocks with adjustable damping.
        Any comments would be great.
        Thank you John johngallagher04@aol.com

Comment

huh? Ok .. Aren't coilovers simply a damper with a coil over the damper? I think a lot of people get confused .. The stock units are, imho, coilovers. Then you can get aftermarket coilovers or oem type units.. Eitherway, they are all coilovers?! *confused*

Comment

i'm pretty sure he means adjustable coilovers i.e. ones with threads and adjustable perches to lengthen/shorten the shock

he needs a regular shock/spring combo instead

but you're right they are still both essentially coilover systems

Comment

I didnt follow through with the bilsteins. $1300 ish installed for non adjustable shocks with non-adjustable dampening. I didnt know how stiff or soft they were, and for that kind of money, I wasnt prepared to experiment. Although i'm sure they wouldve been fantastic.

I ended up getting aftermarket fully adjustable coilover replacement unit - cusco zero2s, and these work well for my requirements. certanily stiff enough and comfortable if required. An extra $200 for a low K set from japan. These go very low, however I have set them only at ~1" lower than stock
              Last edited by SpecJ; 31-01-10, 04:11 PM.

Comment

yeah, i had a set of Cusco Zero2's

ran 12k fr and 8k rr springs, so a bit stiffer than yours... managed to win the 3B class of the 2007 NSW supersprints running them

set them to 5 front and 4 rear at the track

and 2 front and 1 rear for the street
                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                X