+38 offest for DC2R - scrubbage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
    man wheels are like the biggest hoes in the honda community, they just keep going round and round and round, different owners.
    LOL - at least my rims are monogomous - i have had the same set of rims on 3 different cars since 2002!

1983 Prelude, 1989 Integra and 1998 Integra LOL!

yes, a 16in rim, but only 6in wide... i ran 205/50R16 Dunlop D01J's and scrubbed on the rears around corners at very high speeds...

but no damage ever resulted...

even when my tyres scrub when on the race circuit - i think "geez, that is gonna leave a mark/buckle"

but never does...
    ... retired/

Comment

I never scrubbed because I was (and still am) running stock suspension.

I basically bought them for the purpose of trying out 16x7 wheels to see if I liked the feel. I did... so I got JDM 16's.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

wish i could find myself a set of JDM 16's at a reasonable price!

Comment

JDM 16s are weaksauce offset and heavy as boat anchors .

I am pretty confident that +38 will fit on your car, although when you are riding that low with spring rates that are not super hard you might have to tolerate some scrubbing. It should clear the outer guards though. If in doubt roll your guards and give them a light flare .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            JDM 16s are weaksauce offset and heavy as boat anchors .
            Yes, but they look good and serve the purpose of a street wheel just fine thankyou.

Also they feel a shitload better for street driving than +38 due to the effect on scrub radius the "phat" offset causes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

Honda aren't a bunch of dickheads, like many of you people would seem to believe.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
              Yes, but they look good and serve the purpose of a street wheel just fine thankyou.

Also they feel a shitload better for street driving than +38 due to the effect on scrub radius the "phat" offset causes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

Honda aren't a bunch of dickheads, like many of you people would seem to believe.
              I am happy you are pleased with them . Did you notice heavier low speed steering because you made your scrub radius more negative? I personally have added about 25mm of track to my car each side with the same added to my scrub radii without changing from stock wheels, and I have noticed significant tram lining. It is awesome.

It would be nice if more people considered as carefully the effects of modifications to their cars .

Honda are not a bunch of dickheads but they made our cars for a broad market, no matter how hardcore Type R owners seem to think they and their cars are, and I believe carefully thought out modifications can improve the cars performance with minimal tradeoffs.

Comment

good call!
                DCIIR

Comment

Is there a possibility that the people at Honda are a bunch of dickheads ???

I mean look at the current line-up lol
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Is there a possibility that the people at Honda are a bunch of dickheads ???

I mean look at the current line-up lol
                    just because the current line up of cars doesnt suit your taste but might suit or appeal to the 95% of the larger population of old grannies, mums, dads, and conservative drivers dont meen that honda are d$$$H$$$

they might be the smart ones where they make a car that will net them wealth and maybee more reasearch funds into more R&D which will net better cars for the future..

unlike the Dc2R.. where apparently honda lost a little bit of money for each sale of a dc2r..(i read it somewhere a long time ago.. but cant find the link now...)...
                    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                    Originally posted by tinkerbell
                    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

topic gone where?!?!?

sheesh@!
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                        just because the current line up of cars doesnt suit your taste but might suit or appeal to the 95% of the larger population of old grannies, mums, dads, and conservative drivers dont meen that honda are d$$$H$$$

Yeah but I always assume my opinion is the most important out of everyone's.

/Oo ___H___ oO\
                        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          I am happy you are pleased with them . Did you notice heavier low speed steering because you made your scrub radius more negative?
                          The scrub radius is the same as stock. My man-arms don't seem to have much trouble turning the steering wheel however.

Seriously that tramlining drove me nuts on longer drives... makes driving very tiresome.

Comment

If you guys don't mind me jumping in on this, What would be the optimum offset for 16" or 17" wheels on the DC2R to avoid tramlining? Only ask because I am still in the process of deciding if I want to upgrade the wheels for my dc2 or stick with the comfortable stock ones, Tram lining would annoy me too much as I like a good lengthy drive ...

You can get name brand rims for not much more than the price of Rota's.

My Enkei rpf1's cost me a grand.
                            Where? How? Share your mystical wisdom oh great Kavehman!!
                            Last edited by Monk; 30-07-08, 10:47 AM.

2000 DC2 Integra type-R NHB #00-0413
                            DBA 4000 series front rotors
                            Hot Bits performance Coil-Overs

Comment

wow! brining it back to topic!!!

monk - i run 16x6in rims with +42 offset, i don't experience tramlining,

but i don't know whether this is due to the thin 6in rim size???

anyone?
                              ... retired/

Comment

I had 16x6 rims with +45 offset (HRV sport wheels) and they didn't tramline anywhere near as badly as the Rota's with +38.

Look, to be honest it will hardly affect many of you city folk who don't drive your cars on anything but smooth freeways and around 70km/h zones. For me, driving on substandard roads in and around my area at 100km/h the tramlining effect is very frustrating. Different strokes for different folks.

I agree that there are definitely benefits to be had for track use in having a wider track. But other considerations in suspension setup need to be made when making a large change to wheel offset.

Comment

Working...
                                X