ARC super induction box for dc5r!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARC super induction box for dc5r!

Hey guy as the title says.. whats it like, thoughts, comments etc...

Reason is cheaper than gruppeM
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

I think it looks super bling in the engine bay.

However I dont think It will yield the gains as well as the GruppeM.

Looks more prone to heatsoak imho.

If you want cheaper get Injen, better Bang for Buck.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

appreciate the feedback but does anyone have any experience with it?
      Always thought ARC was uber...

Comment

Why have you thought they were always uber? Because they can show off their welding skills? lol

Well even though its cheap it has its down falls.

1. Its Metal and it will absorb heat more easily and will take longer to disperse it too compared to CF or plastic intakes.
        2. Its heavier than most aftermarket intakes simply becos its a Square chunk of metal.
        3. Theres not really a Direct constant flow of air into it, filter sits on the side of the intake parallel to the passenger side fender.

People in the states have tested and dynoed and have found the Mugen intake to be better in performance compared to the ARC intake.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

IMO it's just a waste of money and better stick to OEM with Hondata mods.
          Unless the alum looks that u're after

Comment

if the intake was ARC Ti with it's full sick welding then i would consider....other then that i wouldn't go near that intake

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

yeah, i realised after writing this up that it is like an sri and a pos.

Injen will be the choice (unless i ge an uber gruppeM price).

I tought ARC was uber because their stuff is used in heavily modified jap cars (eg: Mines GTR)

Sponsors i guess...

Comment

Working...
              X