No announcement yet.

ITR JDM 4-1 Header on AUS ITR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so the cat back of the ITR exhuast is 2"? or 2.25" except that bottle neck section?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincikwan View Post
      Laughing at?

laughing at life, happy with your situation...

it is Aussie slang talk...
      ... retired/

Comment

Ah.....my bad. Not too familiar with aussie slang even though i have been here for 2 years. I wish i had the cash to by a CF bonnet too...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jre View Post
          so the cat back of the ITR exhuast is 2"? or 2.25" except that bottle neck section?
          its 2.25 the bottlekneck is 2.0

Comment

aus dc2r is shit throw it away
            it was used to past adr laws so the are pea shooting tiny pipes and collector
            get the jdm 4-1 , 2.5' cat , and use the jdm 2.25" cat back
            or extend your oz dc2r cat back by 10cm to suit the new setup

Comment

I have changed my stock audm header to a spoon 4-2-1 header yesterday. I took out the cat n replaced it with a test pipe as well. So everything is 2.5inch and bigger all the way to the stock exhaust which i did not do anything to it as i wanted a stock look from the back.

First impressions are that it revs much better now. It did not really boost performance that much but you can feel a smoother engine reving all the way to the red line.

Going to get my vafc tuned to this new mod as well as the improved piping. So maybe then my butt will be able to feel the difference.

Comment

just to help out people -

i have a car , with a AUDM B18C7. It has a ITR 4-1 header and same sized cat+catback exhaust. OTherwise exactly the same as a stock type R.
                On a recent dyno day it pulled 116kw at the wheels , compared to 3 other Type R's on the day it was one of the best numbers. I can say it is a noticeable improvement over the stock mild steel heavy header.
                Plus the 98+ JDM type R makes 6kw more with this header (plus better fuel)

Comment

Yup...116kw is really good. My 2001 stock dc2r is only pulling 102kw. When i put in the vafc to tune it with no mods, it came out 107kw.

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread,

I have a stock audm dc2r
                    If i buy jdm dc2r headers and cat, what mods do i need to make to my audm catback?

Comment

I'm looking at doing the same.. tho I'm changing to the jdm headed to get the mugen twinloop sports exhuast catback to basicly just bolt on.. with my own cat. how ever im little confused to what cat to put on her... 100cel or 200cel lol

the JDM system is completely different has shorter cat different size pipe here and there ect. there's also a mounting bracket for the headers that's different for the JDM so i hear (corrections any one ?)
                      Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

interesting, is it even worth switching to jdm headers/cat if i'm keeping stock audm exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
                          Sorry to bump an old thread,

I have a stock audm dc2r
                          If i buy jdm dc2r headers and cat, what mods do i need to make to my audm catback?
                          Should bolt straight up.

Got a set of jdm 4-1's if itnerested

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

hmmm, yes probably is still worth it?

the 4-1's are a superior design and quality...
                            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                            X