Hondata Relearn Fuel trim ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hondata Relearn Fuel trim ???

My friend was reading on the hondata website and came across these two interesting points.

4) The front oxygen sensor on this car is a wideband sensor and can keep the car in closed loop (14.7 air fuel ratio) even at wide open throttle, up to about 4700 rpm. Consider unplugging the front oxygen sensor. This will force the ECU to run in open loop, ignoring any stored fuel trim settings.
    6) Consider unplugging the leftmost of the three ECU connectors (above the passenger's feet) after your 3rd or 4th dyno run. This will reset the fuel trim to zero. The ECU will relearn the fuel trim after a few minutes of driving.
    source from http://www.hondata.com/techk20dynoprocedure.html

Now my qns is, would your car relearn the old fuel trim after a few daily drives or is the old fuel trim erased during tuning and the new trim is embeded as default settings
    19,000 rpm still going

Please read again.

It's only K20A2 DYNO PROCEDURE, there is no Hondata ECU mentioned anywhere on that page.

Comment

oh i see. my bad didnt read it properly. so basically its how to dyno run a K series to get a accurate read out?
      19,000 rpm still going

Comment

just on second thought, if the old ecu can relearn the fuel trim. regardless, wouldnt hondata relearn the old fuel trim also similiar to all OBDII ecus? or does hondata just set it as default and it never changes
        19,000 rpm still going

Comment

hondata will override whatever fuel readings, but enforcing its tune. No more learning anymore

Comment

Working...
          X