Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benson View Post
    you think thats hard, you should try the OS geiken single metal plate
    I have a tilton. twin disc it's a little tricky to drive daily.
    "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

how the friction point on the ORC????

Comment

sorry to tell you....they dun really have a friction point bro.....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
          LOL it is.. only 33%? well it feels much more lol and well i'm not too used to it yet, always seem to be burning the clutch cos i rev to 1.5-2k then release clutch.
          Originally posted by DrTran View Post
          if you daily your car you should compare your left calf muscle to your right. theres a big difference
          Originally posted by air23box View Post
          sorry to tell you....they dun really have a friction point bro.....
          um... u know what i find easier - locate roughly where the friction point and then start to rev to take off, so you dont burn ur clutch...well that is what i do... but then my clutch leg gets the shakes if i hold it on the friction point for a long time...like waiting for traffic to go...hence maybe left calf muscle is probably bigger then the right ... i pulled a muscle once whlist driving that was really bad....

ORC does have a friction point....well mine does....

Comment

Originally posted by Mashi View Post
            pulled a muscle once whlist driving that was really bad....
            LOL that's too funny

Comment

laugh as you may... but it wasnt funny at all at the time....

Comment

I never heard anyone pull their muscle but i guess it's possible.
                Originally posted by Mashi View Post
                laugh as you may... but it wasnt funny at all at the time....
                "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

I didn't stretch after big cardio session at gym once... then going over a speed hump in car park got cramps in both legs. super bunny hopped

Comment

damn! so many clutch related injuries. Next thing you know, the NSW government will impose a restriction on aftermarket clutches to reduce the road death toll

Comment

my exedy sports organic combo just recently gave up on me .
                      Pretty happy as it took alot of 7k rpm launch abuse on slicks down the 1/4 mile ( 1.65 sec 60 foot )
                      Heaps of full throttle shift too.

Had it since July 07 till last week.
                      Pretty happy with that.
                      JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
                      25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
                      Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

Cool read! Anyone else have any other experiences with ORC clutch kit on dc5 / k series>
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          mate, i feel the same way going from my wifes stock Jazz to my Exedy HD Integra...

if i switch cars at the same time - i almost put the foot through the firewall in the jazz when i go for the clutch, and it feels like the clutch is stuck solid first time i press the clutch in the Teg.

you'll get used to it once your brain remembers it has to press a little harder...
                          yes LOL

i was window shopping for cars with the gf and saw a an fn2r. decided to hop in just to see how it was compared to my ep3.

clutched down and foot went through firewall. also floor hinged gas pedal felt good.

honestly theres no such thing as a friction point. its more like a zone.

bitey clutches have a short zone but they still have one, the msconception is that you think your not even at the friction point yet because revs dont drop/car doesnt start moving, but by then the clutch is actually slipping ALOT, therefore the car takes so long to move you wont even know and you wont notice the drop in rpm. wont register on tach. at this point, if you keep raising the clutch higher the friction will suddenly increase where you stall/bog your car.

but if you leave the clutch there and give the throttle a good blip, the car miraculously edges forward. thats how ive been doing creeps/small manouevers in traffic and parking.
                          Last edited by fr4n; 12-09-12, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X