[DC5R CLUTCH] EXEDY Vs. ORC Vs. Toda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DC5R CLUTCH] EXEDY Vs. ORC Vs. Toda

Which of these would you choose and why?

I'm after a clutch and flywheel combo soon but I can't decide which one to buy

Exedy - http://www.exedy.com.au/catalogue-de...sp?id=38998676 $950
    Sports Organic Clutch and Flywheel (9lbs-/+) Chrome-Moly
    ORC - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51330 $1250
    Fully Balanced Kit
    Toda Racing - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39631
    Dynamically balanced TODA flywheel & HD Org clutch kit
    Last edited by AUDM DC5R; 14-09-06, 06:58 PM.

im bias...so orc...hehehehe... good clutch...bites hard but need to get use to it for daily driving...
    http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

I love my ORC, it really takes a beating, but the only thing is that a non-driver won't be able to drive an car with an ORC clutch - especially if they try to downgear without a heel toe . So if you use it as a daily where other people might drive it, I wouldn't go the ORC. Light weight metal ceramic disk for high RPM shifting!!

I'd also try the toda hi power single - which I believe is in the same product range but quieter - not sure about drivability, whether it has the same sudden engagement as the ORC

The Exedy is more of a heavy duty clutch that has about 30% more pressure but could be handled by any average driver.
      ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
      - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

all 3 is good..

Work on what you afford
        Team AMS

Comment

Ive run the Toda, and it wins hands down for me

Comment

Originally posted by euGeR View Post
            I love my ORC, it really takes a beating, but the only thing is that a non-driver won't be able to drive an car with an ORC clutch - especially if they try to downgear without a heel toe . So if you use it as a daily where other people might drive it, I wouldn't go the ORC. Light weight metal ceramic disk for high RPM shifting!!
            can you explain this further?
            what makes the clutch so difficult to downgear without heel and toe? will this cause extra wear? premature wear? too much load?
            how much heavier is the feel of the ORC compared to stock?

Comment

the flytwheel stores kinetic energy, if you reduce its weight alot, it will make shifting different to stock.
              ... retired/

Comment

What kinda mods do you have planned or what power are you chasing?
                No point putting in a clutch now to find it can't handle the power 8 months down the track.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:
                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

ORC on a dc5r gives you the OEM feel, with much better bite.
                  'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Originally posted by #01-113 View Post
                    ORC on a dc5r gives you the OEM feel, with much better bite.

I thought ORC was much harder to use as a daily driver, I heard an ORC clutch and fly combo and it was really loud. Like a railing kind of sound. Is this common?

Comment

whats the difference between then all anyway?

So the flywheel is pretty similar in weight, roughly the 4kg mark..so responsiveness/how quick it revs would all be very similar?

So the main difference would be how hard it bites?
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #004

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
                        I thought ORC was much harder to use as a daily driver, I heard an ORC clutch and fly combo and it was really loud. Like a railing kind of sound. Is this common?
                        the ORC pedal is just a tad heavier then the s2k pedal... but it still feel like stock... yes... ORC clutch are loud... but they have a silent type which is suppose to be "silent"... but infact its just just quieter... still makes some noise tho... padestrians will definitely hear it when u have ur clutch in...
                        http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

ORC is harder to use for everyday driving, weird clutch play as it's so hard to push and it's bounce hard when you release it.

Best option would be flywheel and organic clutch or heavy duty.

I hate ORC for daily but it's great for racing

ORC clutch is noisy as well as supernatural mentioned, the silent one normally cost 100-200 bucks more but that's ORC trademark go for the noisy one

Comment

I dont know about you guys, i guess if you have daily requirements is differnet, but i like my clutch to feel "meaty".

This way i dont feel like im driving some jazz *no offense noodleman* when im pressing the clutch in.

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                              What kinda mods do you have planned or what power are you chasing?
                              No point putting in a clutch now to find it can't handle the power 8 months down the track.
                              Currently I/H/E and later ECU. Might have another clutch change before CAMS if I decide to go that far.

Comment

Working...
                              X