No announcement yet.

The best Ti exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the look of the down turned tip if the J's, its like a rotor exhaust... (personal preferance since i own an RX7 too)

The J's racing can be as cheap as US$1400 plus around $300 shipping, so it is very tempting... The 70RR is US$1800

But is the top of the 70RR's exhaust with the 2-1 section + the spoon/j's racing exhaust manifold 2-1, better or worse than the TODA manifold?

P.S. the car is for Tarmac Rally... so no cat required... and yes it is blasphamy to cut such a work of art exhaust :P

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_DC5R View Post
      I love the look of the down turned tip if the J's, its like a rotor exhaust... (personal preferance since i own an RX7 too)

The J's racing can be as cheap as US$1400 plus around $300 shipping, so it is very tempting... The 70RR is US$1800

But is the top of the 70RR's exhaust with the 2-1 section + the spoon/j's racing exhaust manifold 2-1, better or worse than the TODA manifold?

P.S. the car is for Tarmac Rally... so no cat required... and yes it is blasphamy to cut such a work of art exhaust :P
      I would think that the Toda is a better design. The use of the J's 2-1 pretty much denies you any ability to tune primary and secondary exhaust runner lengths for best power for your application.

Maybe for your use a custom 3" straight pipe mated to made to order exhaust manifold with a flared 3" collecter would be good. Unless you are after every last weight saving.

Comment

TODA is extremely quiet and restrictive imho (3 resonators I believe), I have one and I am looking to change it soon.

Amuse by far sounds more cleaner if that makes sense.

Some exhausts sound very farty and annoying loud like Buddy Club and even Js racing.

If I had the money I'd go Amuse easily.

Do ARC make a Ti zorst for DC5?

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
          TODA is extremely quiet and restrictive imho (3 resonators I believe), I have one and I am looking to change it soon.

Amuse by far sounds more cleaner if that makes sense.

Some exhausts sound very farty and annoying loud like Buddy Club and even Js racing.

If I had the money I'd go Amuse easily.

Do ARC make a Ti zorst for DC5?
          Indeed they do. Sorry I forgot that one. 60mm with a resonator I believe. Not as light as Amoooooooose .

EDIT: Can't find it on their site anymore so it may have been discontinued. From memory it weighed around 5kg and was around 250,000 yen. Might exist second hand if they ever sold any .
          Last edited by ChargeR; 03-04-08, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I wasnt talking about the TODA exhaust, only the exhaust manifold vs. the 2 piece JDM style 4-2 then 2-1 exhaust manifold.

I have seen at K20A.org that many of the engine builders say that only the primary in the exhaust manifold matters and should be tuned to the cams and the intake manifold, so maybe I should wait and get the intake manifold, cams and exhaust in one hit so that they are all tuned perfectly to give the best final result.

Bugga, maybe I have to wait and not get an exhaust yet if I want to be a perfectionist

Comment

I was talking about the exhaust manifold also .

There is no perfect exhaust sadly. My perfect exhaust would probably be an Amuse R1000 for DC5 if they were not too cool to bother making one, mated to a custom SSR exhaust manifold to match.

Comment

SSR or DTR headers are the best rated headers in the USA.

I would personalyl go SSR headers and Amuse Ti zorst if I had the money.

SSr headers are all made to order and not bulk or mass producted like other brands.

So imperfections of each header are carefully inspected.

Also they have been dyno proven to outperform TODA headers

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

SSR or DTR headers are the best rated headers in the USA.

I would personalyl go SSR headers and Amuse Ti zorst if I had the money.

SSr headers are all made to order and not bulk or mass producted like other brands.

So imperfections of each header are carefully inspected.

Also they have been dyno proven to outperform TODA headers
                  But they're not JDM.

Comment

You're the jdm brand whore here not me lol

Comment

TODA = Just turned 18
                      SSR = Taylor Rayn or Aurora Snow

... if you get my drift LOL

But I s'pose power is power.

And unlike on a B-Series, you really cant ever see the headers

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_DC5R View Post
                        TODA = Just turned 18
                        SSR = Taylor Rayn or Aurora Snow

... if you get my drift LOL

I don't, please explain in english.

Comment

I don't, please explain in english.
                          One day you will understand Chi. When you get older .

Seriously though, I think exhaust manifolds are one area where one size does not fit all, and this is where I think the USDM has an advantage as they seem to have a less bolt it on and go approach to parts.

Comment

Yeah, SSR manifolds, custom made to your specs for US$1050 is soooooo tempting.

Lucky Im not a JDM slave.

Comment

anyone got pic of the tracy sport 70mm ti zorst?

Comment

just an update, its US$150 to ship the SSR manifolds!!! Sweet!

They are all made to order, so they can make them to suit your engine mods, or future mods, perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X