• Show
Clear All

haha@dave!
    the offset of the wheels prolly affected the clutch and gearbox
    '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
    wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

Should also check the linkages.. hmm...

Actually, i think the issue was my car was a "hectic" car for so long ( with the hectic white 18's that weighed as much as a commodore ) it didnt know what being "JDM" was.

It didnt like the QF's because they didnt get da bitchez bro, and decided that death was better than not being fully sick.

Comment

Lmao!
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

BTW.

Personally i am a proud Sumitomo customer. And Dave was humbled at the CiTR cruise when he checked them out - i beelive you even bowed didnt you champ? :P
          I think you should all stop paying out the sumitomo's, because we all know that theyre drifting tyres - in the way that if i try to take a corner, all i seem to do is drift.. or torque steer.

The clutch pedal felt exactly the same after the incident btw.

Comment

Ok guys, just got my car back.

In there now is the Spoon clutch and 4.9kg Fly.

It turns out my clutch plate became dislodged due to one of those little metal strips on the outside snapping, and made my clutch plate off centre and not spinning properly.

This is my 1st experienced with the lightened flywheel - and ive noticed that the revs go down quicker than a crackwhore on payday (im not supposed to give it much throttle for about 500km.)

What advantages can i expect from this new combo, it sort of just feels like its not pulling as hard due to the reduced weight.
            I know that these flywheels don't actually gain or lose you power, but im just curious why they are so highly recomended (Take into account i havnt vtaaakkeedd it yet)

Thanks guys.

Comment

an advantage of a lighter flywheel is that it also revs UP faster! that means.. faster VTEC attack mode..!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

^Im aware of this mr felix, but it almost feels like its not pulling very well!

Comment

It wont take on the hills quite as well but it's the price you pay for a lighter rotating mass. Imagine a rotating disk weighing a 100kg, hard to start (accelerating) but once its going its very hard to stop (going up hill) now if you lighten it to .... 10kg just imagine
                  F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                    Ok guys, just got my car back.

In there now is the Spoon clutch and 4.9kg Fly.

It turns out my clutch plate became dislodged due to one of those little metal strips on the outside snapping, and made my clutch plate off centre and not spinning properly.

This is my 1st experienced with the lightened flywheel - and ive noticed that the revs go down quicker than a crackwhore on payday (im not supposed to give it much throttle for about 500km.)

What advantages can i expect from this new combo, it sort of just feels like its not pulling as hard due to the reduced weight.
                    I know that these flywheels don't actually gain or lose you power, but im just curious why they are so highly recomended (Take into account i havnt vtaaakkeedd it yet)

Thanks guys.
                    wow steve's finally being sucked into jdm!! spoontify your dc2r good work good excuse for your self to get some new goodies hey LOL i bet nothing wrong with the car just your little excuse for yourself to get some new clutch + flywheel hahahha. o btw. the flywheel can make your rev climb faster = less time to get into vtec. n i guess it can kinda make u FEEL u acceleration faster as well??
                    '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                    Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

^Haha thanks leon.

I havnt vtakkkked it yet. And ive noticed the revs going up faster. Ill have to give it a nice good rumble before i make my final oppinion!

Comment

how much did it cost to fix it?
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by Page View Post
                          It wont take on the hills quite as well but it's the price you pay for a lighter rotating mass. Imagine a rotating disk weighing a 100kg, hard to start (accelerating) but once its going its very hard to stop (going up hill) now if you lighten it to .... 10kg just imagine
                          Man that is just the best fucking explanation ever, so simple to understand.

/Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                            how much did it cost to fix it?
                            I just replaced the clutch + flywheel with the Spoon.

(Me hates this part, because i bet someone will say.. ZOMG RIP OFF)

For the Spoon clutch + fly combo - $1290.
                            Install - $450.

Comment

zomg steve!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

zomg nothing mr exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                                X