mugen vs k&n airfilter for stock box in dc5s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mugen vs k&n airfilter for stock box in dc5s

are these filters bettter than the oem ones. I want these as they can fit in the stock airbox which saves me money. Also is one better than the other. does anyone have these?
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

I suggest you start using the search function. It's great that you've joined but these discussions have been done many times over.

Comment

not much noticeaebl diff between the two.

Jsut get K&N, Mugen and GruppeM uses K&N in some of their air boxes.

You should also seal off the resonator holes in the air box for slightly better air flow.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

monty, i did try searching but no 1 has a mugen filter in a stock airbox. they all have the full mugen system which i dont want. Mugen makes a dc5 filter that fits in the stock airbox and want to compare this to the k&n one.
        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
        Flickr
        my car blog - Have a read
        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
          You should also seal off the resonator holes in the air box for slightly better air flow.
          Could you please elaborate on this? I just dropped in my K&N factory replacement, is there something else i should do?
          sigpic

Comment

There are mugen, spoon, trust, K&N and another few of them you can use...they are in similar price range and they basically do the same thing. Its all up to you which one you like better.....Not much different between them tho.....hope that helps....
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i dropped in a K&N replacement today, just wondering about the comment Chi made with the resonator holes?
              sigpic

Comment

get a dremel handy while ur opening up the airbox and do a hondata box conversion while ur at it!

Here's the link!
                http://www.hondata.com/techkseriesairboxmod.html
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                X