project mu brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project mu brake pads

I wanto know the best project mu pads for an 05 integra type s. Which one is closest to the OEM one? This lets me know how high i have to go. i was looking the type b-spec or the type nr. i heard the type hc gives off a lot of brake dust which i really dont want as the oem ones are bad enough. Can the oem calipers and discs cope with these brake pads. the car is mainly street driven
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Stick with the OEM pads. I've run a few days at Wakefield Park on them and they're actually really firm and hold in for a long time.

Project Mu pads are dusty, you'd just have to deal with it. I, for the moment am running HC Plus front and B Spec rear. Great pads, but they chew through standard rotors in no time flat and are squeeky.

Comment

I have to agree with Monty on the dust issue, have P.Mu NS pads and they sure are dusty.
      The most expensive is not always the best, but the best is always expensive.

Comment

If you want good pads... that work well, and have hardly any dust. Have a look into the Endless SS-M's. They are about $450 - $500 a set i'm pretty sure. I am getting these next for the street. Endless > PMU!

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
          If you want good pads... that work well, and have hardly any dust. Have a look into the Endless SS-M's. They are about $450 - $500 a set i'm pretty sure. I am getting these next for the street. Endless > PMU!

$500 on brake pads for a street car? Come on Rix, you haven't gone crazy have you? That money could be better invested in something else, like a good money hat.

Comment

^Lol monty.

Where do you guys pick up your (less expensive) pads from?

Sorry to hijack, but im thinking about some Bendix Ultimate or something similar for the fronts of my dc2r.

...monty?

Comment

I'd go TRW Lucas before I'd go Bendix Ultimates.

Why project MU? Just go Lucas they make alot of OEM stuff, will be cheaper than OEM/PMU. Work well and is fairly cheap!
              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Originally posted by milkman
                I'd go TRW Lucas before I'd go Bendix Ultimates.
                Details of where/how?

Comment

Most autoparts store stock them. Just walk in and ask for Lucas pads they'll know what you're talking about. Usually in stock otherwise it'll take a day to get them in.
                  David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                  '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                  '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                    the car is mainly street driven
                    then get street pads, not race pads...
                    ... retired/

Comment

i ordered bendix ultimate from supercheap here in perth for $130.00. The guy said to me, why do u want ultimate? they are really hard compound and should only be used if u brake hard all the time... pfft.. whatever, still softer then project mu's i had

but every1 is right, only get racing ones like endless/project mu if ur car sees the track, otherwise ur wasting money. i dont race no more so got bendix ultimate incase i want to do some spirited runs but these days i mostly drive like a grandma.

Comment

Working...
                      X