[DC5R] Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DC5R] Brake Pads

hey guys, just got around 3-4mm of brake pads left on the front for my dc5r, planning to change them soon. Currently got quoted $345 for Spoon ones, what are some other pads you might recommend?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R
    Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Mugen FTW.....
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

There's already a brake pad thread in this forum
      have a look at the comments there...

What kind of pad are you looking for?
      is this car tracked regularly?

Comment

Here is the Brake Pads thread: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=290

$345 is way too much for a set of front brake pads. I am sure there are much better sporty street, or street track pads out there for much less if you look, depending on what type of use your car gets. Try reading through the existing brake pads thread.

I use Project Mu level max 500 on my dc5 for street and track use and I am happy with them I would just like slightly more life out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

I use Project Mu level max 500 on my dc5 for street and track use and I am happy with them I would just like slightly more life out of them.
          Great pads. I use them in the rear and HC Plus 800 in the front. The 500 will give a great compromise for street and track.

The 800s are ineffective when cold, squeal like a bitch and tear up standard rotors. Purely for track use.

Does the OP even track his car? I'd recommend OEM pads. For a factory pad they're really good. I've used them at WP for a full day with no fade. They're cleaner than AM pads and much quieter too. If you just plan on street use I'd use nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Here is the Brake Pads thread: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=290

$345 is way too much for a set of front brake pads. I am sure there are much better sporty street, or street track pads out there for much less if you look, depending on what type of use your car gets. Try reading through the existing brake pads thread.

sorry about that
            '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

I use Endless SSS all round on mine.

No complaints here.

Comment

Yeah I 2nd the project mu HC+ - awesome on the track. Squeal like a banshee on the street. Work well with DBA 4000 rotors. Dust more than a french maid. First 1 or 2 brakes on a cold day are a little less gutsy.

Hard to live with on the road unless you like banshees (and you have a french maid).
                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Try Ferodo DS2500, it's really good but it squeels a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
                    Try Ferodo DS2500, it's really good but it squeels a bit.
                    Gone through two sets and never squealed once for me.

Comment

Endless CC-X... absolute kinnngggg sh*t (on a carbon ceramic disk)!!! Endless pads in general are awsome. I'll never go back to anything ever again.

Project Mu aren't bad aswell... they are actually good... just a tad noisy.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

I have decided to get a pair of Endless- Type R Pads. Anyone experienced these before?
                        '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                          Gone through two sets and never squealed once for me.
                          My friend one's squeals for some reason but not under heavy braking, it squeals on the street not track.

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
                            My friend one's squeals for some reason but not under heavy braking, it squeals on the street not track.
                            To stop them from squealing, you really have to get stuck into them hard to stop it

Comment

just ordered Endless Type R pads, and also brembo slotted & cross drilled rotors.
                              '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Comment

Working...
                              X