dc2r clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
    szy have you read this post? re single plate clutches not beign good for day to day driving as its a pain and wear quickly when launching.. that is if i understood toda's post
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...5&postcount=25
    yes, with cerametalic clutches- that is the trade off for being able to shift properly at 9000rpm...

BTW - nengun pricing is fantastic! my guy is nowhere near it...
    ... retired/

Comment

what sort of life can we expect from a racing single plate clutch in day to day driving? 20,000km? 1 year? 2 years? 50,000km?

Comment

I have about 50k on mine, no slipping at all, my mum also daily drove my ORC for 6 months or so.

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
          $1410 delivered to sa for exedy hypersingle HH02SD (clutch&flywheel kit) from official aus exedy distributors.
          ..or $965 delivered thru nengun.
          ..or $970 for ORC 309D01H single (clutch&flywheel kit) thru nengun..

hmmms...
          Does the exedy hypersingle HH02SD from nengun come with the flywheel or is it just the clutch ?
          Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
            szy have you read this post? re single plate clutches not beign good for day to day driving as its a pain and wear quickly when launching.. that is if i understood toda's post
            http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...5&postcount=25
            mm thanx for that linky. i think i can manage the heavier clutch. i need some exercise
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by daviee17 View Post
              Does the exedy hypersingle HH02SD from nengun come with the flywheel or is it just the clutch ?
              "hypersingle" = clutch+flywheel kit, all-inclusive.
              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Ok so that vibrating feeling on frictioin point didnt go away.

So had my mechanic drive it.

Feels like the pressure plate he said.

Exedy will do a warranty replacement on it however he doesnt get reimbursed for the labour.

Odd this has happened. He said he usually doesnt have any problems with exedy.

Will be getting the clutch changed again this Saturday.
                "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

well that is exactly what a mechanic would say!!!

might be an installation error..?
                  ... retired/

Comment

incompetence is all around.. many people just BS and get away with it... fukers

Comment

Hmmmm yeah I have heard that is a common problem with many exedy instals from inexperienced mechanics.

However he seems to know his stuff. How hard is it to cock up the mechanism of a clutch on a flywheel!?

He rang me today and said that Exedy said to try re adjusting the master cylinder further down the clutch,.

This gives it more play and usually fixes this 'common' problem with Honda's.

I havent heard anyone on the forums say this though...

Be that as it may he said if it doesnt fix it they will supply a brand newie...

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
                        Hmmmm yeah I have heard that is a common problem with many exedy instals from inexperienced mechanics.

However he seems to know his stuff. How hard is it to cock up the mechanism of a clutch on a flywheel!?
                        i have installed several Exedy clutch comb's without any issues, and i am an economist!

seriously - it would depend on the machining on the flywheel...

it WAS machined before installation wasn't it?
                        ... retired/

Comment

Lol...

Would loved to have given it a go myself but dont have the hoist or tools or equipment!

He said flywheel needed machining so I paid $60 and he went ahead and did it.

Comment

well, they almost always need machining... so that is good you got it done...
                            ... retired/

Comment

Just went and saw him. I have done about 800Km on the clutch but Exedy said I need to do at least 1000 before they will take it back for warranty.

He adjusted the master cylinder and did something with the friction point. I think put it further back so there is more play in the pedal.

The shuddering is less but it is still there...

Comment

Ok -

Getting the car back tomorrow.

Had it in the mechanics - a minor service done and an injector clean done.

Also - he pulled out the box and found that there was a faulty pressure plate on the clutch!

I WAS RIGHT!

Getting the warranty done - will get car back on Monday.

Will let you know how it goes!

Oh - also he said he would look at running some piping from bottom of my airbox to a colder location.

Comment

Working...
                                X