No announcement yet.

dc2r clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm, well it is my price for a DC5 hyper single... i'd assumed a DC2 one was same...

i am still waiting to hear back with current US prices, so the DC2 one might be cheaper than the DC5 one?
    ... retired/

Comment

digging up old thread..

anyone used ORC single plate clutch+flywheel, the ORC 309 D01H model in particular?
      similar price to exedy hyper single i beleive?
      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Hi

I too have a DC2 and am looking for a clutch. Seems like its hanging in there but friction point is wayyy back. Pushing 105K right now.

In the next week I was just going to buy the Exedy OEM replacement clutch. I think the best deal I could dig up was 375 by memory.

Do you think your prices could beat that Tinkerbell?
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

is there a difference between exedy oem replacement and exedy sports? is it power handling and bite?

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
            digging up old thread..

anyone used ORC single plate clutch+flywheel, the ORC 309 D01H model in particular?
            similar price to exedy hyper single i beleive?
            i am actually selling one. pretty sure its the same model.

after $600ono for the complete kit.

Comment

black dc2, pm'ed you.
              is it brand new kit?

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                is there a difference between exedy oem replacement and exedy sports? is it power handling and bite?
                30% increase in clamping force + higher rated friction material.
                ... retired/

Comment

The yanks make some nice clutch kits. Havent personally try them myself, but for the price you cant go wrong
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Built. Tuned. Driven
                  Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

I got quoted $1295 for Spoon Cluch kit + flywheel.

Thats not bad pricing compared to exedy =\

Comment

Just got the Exedy OEM replacement Clutch installed yesterday.

Clutch is sooo much more lighter than before! And also the friction point is so much more in the middle of the pedal rather than at the back.

Mechanic said that the flywheel had to be machined so he did.

It vibrates a bit at the friction point but the mechanic said that that would soon dissapear after the running in period. 200Km?

I'd be sure to keep an eye on it.
                      "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

yep, 200-500km is running in period for clutch,

but it is unusual to have vibration during this time? hmmm, do keep your eye on it.
                        ... retired/

Comment

$1410 delivered to sa for exedy hypersingle HH02SD (clutch&flywheel kit) from official aus exedy distributors.
                          ..or $965 delivered thru nengun.
                          ..or $970 for ORC 309D01H single (clutch&flywheel kit) thru nengun..

hmmms...

Comment

$965 for clutch + flywheel exedy combo?

Is anyone using the spoon clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                              $1410 delivered to sa for exedy hypersingle HH02SD (clutch&flywheel kit) from official aus exedy distributors.
                              ..or $965 delivered thru nengun.
                              ..or $970 for ORC 309D01H single (clutch&flywheel kit) thru nengun..

hmmms...
                              szy have you read this post? re single plate clutches not beign good for day to day driving as its a pain and wear quickly when launching.. that is if i understood toda's post
                              http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...5&postcount=25
                              Last edited by 00dc2; 06-02-08, 05:25 PM.

Comment

nengun ftw at that price.... esp if you're in no rush to get it
                                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Working...
                                X