No announcement yet.

Car Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the main issue as i see it is this, installation.

whats thepoint of being able to immobilise by sms, if the thief can locate the module and then cut the immobiliser wires and connect them bypassing the system ?

if u can find any part of the alarm within 2 mins then ur alarm is worthless.

So make sure u spend the money on a top notch install. I can't reccomend anyone in Sydney cause there all CRAP.

The best guy is in brisbane audioexpress he prides himself in doing installs which cannot be found easily.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
      In my opinion, the 2 top brands around is Quiktrak & Brant. Both have its own merits.

Brant's advantage is in its keypad code lock and Quiktrak's in its tracking & monitoring system. And the best thing of all, both systems are integrable.

I don't find sms alert useful as no one will always be within a few steps away from our cars. That's why system like Quiktrak comes in place where they act like a bodyguard for you. They do have the power to inform the police or auto shutdown your car when needed.
      i've heard that the brant can be pretty unreliable, with some people (especially from the wrx community) having pretty serious problems... a friend of mine told me that he could start his car without even entering a code into the keypad.
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

and try arming/disarming your car in Chatswood with Brant

Comment

i reckon a two way pager alarm is minimum.. or else get something like quiktrak

Comment

be aware guys, that if you get a quiktrak system, (well at least it was the case when they installed it on my car in 2001) there's no way to remove the original honda alarm on the DC5R. so if you get a quiktrak alarm system, even though you can use just the quiktrak alarm dongle most of the time, sometimes the original alarm passively engages and if you unlock ur car by disengaging the quiktrak alarm first, then the factory alarm will go off. so always keep a factory honda dongle handy to avoid embarassing situations.
            almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
              be aware guys, that if you get a quiktrak system, (well at least it was the case when they installed it on my car in 2001) there's no way to remove the original honda alarm on the DC5R. so if you get a quiktrak alarm system, even though you can use just the quiktrak alarm dongle most of the time, sometimes the original alarm passively engages and if you unlock ur car by disengaging the quiktrak alarm first, then the factory alarm will go off. so always keep a factory honda dongle handy to avoid embarassing situations.
              ive found that you can use the key to arm/disarm the factory alarm. just put it in the door and lock/unlock it. it seems there is a switch that deactivates the alarm just before the central locking activates.

i have to do this now because both my central locking motors in the doors have died it's such a pain in the arse reaching over to lock the passenger door as i get out, or getting in and unlocking it for a passenger. fucking dc5 shithouse central locking
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

any car alarm is useless...if they want to take it they can tow it....but by towing it it will set off shock sensors? but ppl around wont care now would they....not like they'll call the cops...but with rhino ram, any sensor is set triggered..sms will come straight to you....and you can then run back to the car....call the cops what ever....

which is why i ruled out other alarms and picked the ram...not that i could kill the engine over the phone but atleast i know if they try to steal my car....one of my sensors would already gone off and i would know right away.

also with the ram...when the alarm is triggered..sms sent...but with in 1 min and theres no reply from the owner....the car will start calling the phone number to get your attention incase you missed the sms tone.

now with in that one minute of the phone contacting you.....and the few min for you to get back to your car.....judging you are close by your car....you can stop the theif from stealing the car or the recaros.

z10 says:
                i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                z10 says:
                mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

My central locking mechanism broke as well (fixed now) and it doesn't even take 30mins and was under $100 to get fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
                    you can remove the factory horn beeping alarm....i had mine removed, in the base auto they didn'nt remove it for me...that was a pain...in the R they removed it.
                    Last edited by noodleman; 07-09-06, 03:47 PM.

z10 says:
                    z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                      My central locking mechanism broke as well (fixed now) and it doesn't even take 30mins and was under $100 to get fixed...

i had a look inside my door, and for the life of me i can't find a suitable place to mount the new central locking motors.

it's a lot easier on the DC2 though... the other day I was installing front speakers for a friend in his DC2, and it is sooo easy to mount an aftermarket central locking motor because the rods are visible and easily accessible once you take off the door panels..
                      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

is anyone interested in a group buy on the RAM? eddie might be able to get us more of a discount
                        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

so what happens if your car has no phone signal like in underground carpark?

or your phone has no signal?

I don't care if they take my car, just don't let me see it again.
                          That is what insurance is for.
                          happyhong says:
                          aus only have 3 r
                          happyhong says:
                          civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                            the main issue as i see it is this, installation.

whats thepoint of being able to immobilise by sms, if the thief can locate the module and then cut the immobiliser wires and connect them bypassing the system ?

if u can find any part of the alarm within 2 mins then ur alarm is worthless.

So make sure u spend the money on a top notch install. I can't reccomend anyone in Sydney cause there all CRAP.

The best guy is in brisbane audioexpress he prides himself in doing installs which cannot be found easily.
                            tats true... but the good point about sms is tat u are notified immediately...

if there is no signal...then it will be just like the other alarm... hopefully the alarm will get someones attention...
                            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                              so what happens if your car has no phone signal like in underground carpark?

or your phone has no signal?

I don't care if they take my car, just don't let me see it again.
                              That is what insurance is for.
                              when you arm the car you will know if theres recpetion or not, when theres no rception you get a different arming tone

and if your phone have no reception...it's alright...the ram allow you to put up to 5 numbers
                              Last edited by noodleman; 07-09-06, 04:38 PM.

z10 says:
                              z10 says:

Comment

O I C.
                                so you got this in your jazzercise?
                                happyhong says:
                                aus only have 3 r
                                happyhong says:
                                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Working...
                                X