Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Alarm

Hi Guys,

Just need some help as I'm looking for a new car alarm for my car. Need some suggestions on this, ie brand and features and price.

Do you want one for features or just as a deterant?
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

price range? and what kinda features are you expecting?

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

ummmm
        well i want immobiliser, 2 way remote, siren, remote engine start, some kind of notification when alarm goes off.

Comment

like i always do....i only recommend the sms alarm

z10 says:
          z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
            ummmm
            well i want immobiliser, 2 way remote, siren, remote engine start, some kind of notification when alarm goes off.
            I don't think any of the remote start alarms are all black wiring and only 1 point imobiliser.
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:
            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

I was looking at some alarms lately, and I got some recommendations as listed below...

QuickTrack - expensive (over 1k), plus annual fee for 24hr monitoring.
              Rhino Ram - fairly expensive (500-under 1k), has options to sms your phone if alarm goes off.

Mongoose and Brant - I'm not sure for the prices of these two, but I think they kind of range from 300 to 1k-ish? (Don't quote me.) and the features, well... you can kinda check them out through the links, cos I'm not really sure..

Comment

Autowatch premier around $400

Comment

i have a quiktrak alarm system. if it can be easily/non costly to remove and install on another car i'd let it go for not much. not much need for an aftermarket alarm in qld.
                  almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
                    i have a quiktrak alarm system. if it can be easily/non costly to remove and install on another car i'd let it go for not much. not much need for an aftermarket alarm in qld.
                    I hope you have some wood around, because you should be knocking on it right now.

I think i might get the rhino alarm system its sounds really good, but i've heard great reviews on the viper alarm. Has anybody had any experiance with it?

Comment

really depends on what you want...and how safe you want your car. when it comes to features...nothing is better then a 2 way communicating alarm...since even the siren goes off, the people around wouldn't care.

rhino ram you can buy online for $5XX, or if you're in syd i know a place that can do $800 fitted

z10 says:
                      z10 says:

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
                        I hope you have some wood around, because you should be knocking on it right now.

I think i might get the rhino alarm system its sounds really good, but i've heard great reviews on the viper alarm. Has anybody had any experiance with it?
                        viper is made by directed. its really up to the installation though. u can buy an expensive alarm system but its pretty much pointless if its not fitted well. you get what you pay for for fitting. if someone charges you $120 to fit, chances are its not going to be as good as someone that is wanting to charge you $300

Comment

In my opinion, the 2 top brands around is Quiktrak & Brant. Both have its own merits.

Brant's advantage is in its keypad code lock and Quiktrak's in its tracking & monitoring system. And the best thing of all, both systems are integrable.

I don't find sms alert useful as no one will always be within a few steps away from our cars. That's why system like Quiktrak comes in place where they act like a bodyguard for you. They do have the power to inform the police or auto shutdown your car when needed.
                          For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

You can also use the Rhino RAM (SMS) to shutdown your car as well.

Comment

i have rhino and its awesome... but make sure u park where there is reception... or else no sms...but the alarm still works...
                              http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X