Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillemma - exhaust and header choices? option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm in your position I'd prolly get the intake since you already have a full exhaust system - be it Mugen or just a drop in filter. Then wait till I scrape my exhaust or whatever then change them when I need to

But that's just my 2c

Comment

^ thats probably the smartest idea.. nengun.com has some fairly priced headers and cats..

ill have the intake and ecu by xmas, should i save the dyno/tune till i have my new exhaust system installed, or have it tuned with the xforce on?

Comment

In my opinion, you should notice the difference between your current set up and Toda/BC3 in terms of feel. Whether it is a huge gain on the new set up is another story.

I noticed the difference between my APEXI Hayabusa and FPG. Hayabusa is built on a similar concept as BC3 except that it is a under axle (so it doesn't have bends, it is a straight pipe). The difference is in the top end and I can definitely tell the difference when I did the swap.

Whether the Apexi was better, is another story . Obviously with a higher flow, I would low end, but top end felt awesome! The FPG feels like it has more Torque throughout the range but doesn't rev as free at the top

Apexi was also much much louder (BC3 is loud) where I barely notice the FPG.

In the end, the header will be where the gains are % wise but it is a "system", it just depends whether you feel the amount of gain you get is worthwhile or not
        ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
        - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

i got a used mugen twin loop cat back sitting around heheheh
          mugen twin loop cat back.
          used but got the papers for it askin 800 ono

Comment

does anyone have the toda exhaust?
            looking at the tip u cant really use a silencer can you?
            i am considering the BC3 system as it includes a bolt-on silencer?
            does anyone know the noise level reading of the toda exhaust?
            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
            Flickr
            my car blog - Have a read
            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

my 2 cents....

Headers - Tri-y design ones either Hytech, rage, DTR ranging from $500-$1200
              Intake - Injen or AEM or some custom CAI intake
              Exhaust- 60mm or 2.5'.
              ECU- Crome /hondata/ powerfc

If tuned properly, car should make around min 120kw atw....

We owned a EG with b18c7 with those mods ran 13.6@100MPH....then we wanted to try the exact same mods on a dc2r so we tried it, EXACT same mods in a dc2r with b18c7 it also ran 13.6@100MPH.....
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Built. Tuned. Driven
              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Working...
              X