X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R: Mugen Intake Installation

This has some great pics

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=376228

Can people confirm that its really this hard to install the thing?

ie that you need to unbolt the engine mount and spread the AC lines like a pair of chicks legs on a prom night LOL

????

yes... personally... mugen intake is really hard to install... it took me nearly 1 hr trying to fit it... as i didnt read any instructions only from the mini booklet tat mugen provided...

yes u do have to unbolt and stuff... it really is a pain to install it... seriously good luck!! hahahhaa...
    http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

you do not need to spread ac lines, what u see on honda-tech is due to the fact that it is RHD over there. if u check ur cars AC lines will be on the right hand side.

the only difficult bit is that u need to jack up the car to remove the stock resonator air intake box (ITR) and you will need to install the horn from below.

although the money can be better spent else where, the mugen is a nice piece, the car will feel the same as stock under VTEC and there is a noticible difference in the VTEC zone (this is coming from a stock itr dc2 with mugen intake)

Comment

do you need to remove the quarter panel on that side to remove the resonator box?

Comment

No.... don't remove the guard!! Only the front bar...

The hardest part of the installation is working out how to mount the splash shield thingy.

Remove the front bar and most of the installation is relatively straightforward.
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

To remove the resignator, only remove the splash guard from under the car... and unbolt the appropriate bolts holding in the resignator, and pull it out from the bottom! That;s the easy part.

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

You do not need to remove the entire front bar! unless if you really want to but it just creates more work...

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanR View Post
                You do not need to remove the entire front bar! unless if you really want to but it just creates more work...
                I think it makes it easier, personally. Removing the front bar is pretty straight forward and gives you a nice accessible view of what you're working on...

But that's up to you
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                  I think it makes it easier, personally. Removing the front bar is pretty straight forward and gives you a nice accessible view of what you're working on...

But that's up to you
                  I second that.
                  "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post

But that's up to you
                    I dont why the fuck we did that as it is quite easily accomplished with only the RHS splash shield unclipped.

Having said that we did get the job done in < than 45 mins?

Comment

jim80y and I installed my mugen intake with pics... but it was posted on CRSX years ago. includes pics of mugen splash guard installed properly too...

we removed the front bar, and as said earlier, our ITR does not require you to spread those AC lines apart due to RHD/LHD.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                        This has some great pics

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=376228

Can people confirm that its really this hard to install the thing?

ie that you need to unbolt the engine mount and spread the AC lines like a pair of chicks legs on a prom night LOL

????
                        Too bad the pics are no longer there anymore....... Wish they were,lol as im going to be installing this peice in the next week or so... Anyone know where to get the pics from?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

yeah i want to know too... i have finally ordered my mugen intake..

maybe someone who has done this installation can post some pics?

Comment

It comes with instructions, just learn japanese and follow them.

jokes, u can tell by the pics what to do
                            /Oo ___H___ oO\
                            |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

what about how to take the front bumper off?

Comment

Working...
                              X