Supercharge k20a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess sang makes a good point?

depends how serious you are about power as the goal - the DC5R is more suited to suspension improvments to increase speed in some senses...
    ... retired/

Comment

In regards to fuel consumption...
      a blanket statement "more air = more fuel"
      happyhong says:
      aus only have 3 r
      happyhong says:
      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

DC5 SC Group Buy FTW LOL
        Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

im not really after too much power... im not really sure about anything atm its all rushing in on me kinda thing.. but yeah i still havent realy got whether it affects fuel consumption majorly ahaha like would just be the jacksons s/c in running stock ecu. for the time being?
          Have you had your daily dose of VTEC?

Comment

you cannot have a s/c with stock ecu

Comment

how much power does the arial atom produce?

just check out the specs on the aerial atom...ie fuel consupumtion

cause the atom use's a k20a supercharged engine right???

Has BlackDC5R driven and atom b4????????
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

all and any power modifications will increase the amount of fuel you use if/when you drive at full power...

(less so when driving at low throttle inputs...)
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by rayb3na_ View Post
                  im not really after too much power... im not really sure about anything atm its all rushing in on me kinda thing.. but yeah i still havent realy got whether it affects fuel consumption majorly ahaha like would just be the jacksons s/c in running stock ecu. for the time being?
                  You cant use a stock Ecu with powermod like a supercharger or Turbo, well you can but i wouldent recomend it...

dont ever listen to someone that tells you otherwise.. at a bear minimum you will need atleast even the simplest of Fuel management, either a piggyback of some sort

for the K series engine i think the Kpro might be the Easiest to get started if you can get the ECu from the US and avoid the hassle of having to deal with the Local australian Distributer and find your own tuner that you trust
                  Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                  some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                  Originally posted by tinkerbell
                  if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                  A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                  Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Just keep it NA if it's a DC5R lad.

Comment

First question is....

Have you even bought a car yet? ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                        First question is....

Have you even bought a car yet? ROFL
                        yeah, i would also like to know as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
                          supercharge a k20 but not on a dc5. just the wrong platform for that much power. the one in qld is a bit dangerous to drive. i drove it at 1/4 throttle and i was scared.
                          i dont get this statement, a dc5r's platform cant handle that much power, yet people are chuckin k20/24 turboes into cars like eg civics and such and they can handle the power
                          183.2KW ATW
                          BUILT BY DR HONDA
                          Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

I_LOVE_ROMPA-STOMPA has been banned.
                            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
                              i dont get this statement, a dc5r's platform cant handle that much power, yet people are chuckin k20/24 turboes into cars like eg civics and such and they can handle the power
                              your a woman if you think its too much power. most if not all aus honda freaks are anal about what you can and cant do, whats in and not. i say SC and whatever you want if youve got the cash. nothing is better than putting someone on show. =)

Comment

Well the US Boys are Supercharging DC5's left and right.

From JSRC kits to Comptech.

And they seem to be quite realiable if tuned approprately.

And they definately are putting up decent times on 1/4.

But if you are serious bout SC the DC5, you should also consider doing some sussy work to compensate for the extra power as the DC5 sussy isnt as nimble or 'safe' as its previous brother dc2 (stock to stock)

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Working...
                                X